arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
Sorry for the late reply, as I said earlier what you want to use is solely on your own decision at least in the field of open source or FOSS community my recommendations can be both amazingly good or terribly bad for a specific person so no one really uses the things like other do, it's simple not every Ryzen 9 3950x user uses this remarkable processor to play games some guys(there are many though) use the very same processor in their server builds and even in the compiler systems(I know at least Linus do that).

So what you want to use is your choice you are not forced in any way as for "windows" if my research(that I did earlier this year) is right Microsoft is shipping windows 10 with unmodified Linux Kernel(yeah you heard it right) but this kernel is not the OS one but used by its WSL2 features before that WSL was just an emulator to convert Linux Kernel API to NT Kernel API but they changed just get the support from Open Source/FOSS Devs, a remarkable step indeed.

Coming to Linux as windows, I said countless times it isn't possible a big no from me. Well technically you can get the look and UI/UX to be exact as windows with KDE and all but the difference in approach of functionality and user case won't be the same so i prefer having a unique look to linux instead of just being a "Copy of Windows UI", do notice that i said windows UI as linux isn't windows and with the amazing support from FOSS/Open Source community i don't think we need to compare them either so linux is linux and windows is windows, you can't run something that's built for linux on windows without any third party addon and errors which can be said same for the windows too, there will be issues, confusions, errors and unfamiliar software and that's the sole reason i always say just use a linux for some days and you will understand what you need, it isn't like windows you can remove the Desktop Environment and install another one if you don't like the current one sure there will be some erros but they aren't something unsoluble just hit the duckduckgo(my person searx instance is not ready XD so let's stick with duckduckgo) and you will get the solution but i am sure the solution will be just removing some packages left by the previous desktop environment.

To be honest I like both Windows and Linux but for different things, like for games I rather stick to windows then using proton/wine on Linux with a bunch of warnings and errors because of incompatible code, and for developing something really cost-effective Linux is the all-time winner in my eyes not only in the web development but in every field you can imagine, heck yeah even all of the supercomputers(i wish I had one imagine playing games on a supercomputer) in the world are running on Linux that means something. If I tell you the Linux kernel is the only kernel you can find anywhere from your android phones to your car navigation system to your GPS tracking devices(even mac is based on *nix kernel but it's not Linux), Linux is everywhere(just imagine a penguin staring you all day) and unlike NT Linux is much more sophisticated with custom infrastructures and the best part you can just compile the kernel with the APIs you want.

So yeah thanks for reading my long and senseless blabbering Tongue I don't mind blabbering more just say the word I will nuke you with some more.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by TrK - 11-30-2020, 02:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting