arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy way to upgrade Debian 9 to Debian 10
@Mashiro  Thanks for the feedback. I was able to Google "No LSB modules are available"  but at the time when I did, couldn't understand what it was doing,and particularly why it came up when I made an inquiry about the Debian Version.  The significance of it relative to the Version.  But now I get it.

In the meanwhile I also found this very interesting article about the Debian upgrade.  I like this description and explanation:

Quote:Right now, as with every release, Debian is pretty close to up to date with what the rest of the Linux world is doing. But Buster will be supported for five years, and Debian 11 won't arrive for at least two years (Buster comes just 26 months after Debian 9, though it has been five years since the big tweaks of Debian 8). So as time goes on, Buster will look increasingly outdated.

But wait, isn't Ubuntu based on Debian? That's not out of date, right? Ubuntu pulls its Debian base from what Debian calls the Testing Channel. Debian Linux consists of three major development branches: Stable, Testing, and Unstable. Work on new versions progresses through each, starting life in Unstable and eventually ending up in Stable. Ubuntu plucks its base from the middle, in Testing. But from Debian's point of view, that's only about half-baked. (Like I said, Debian is conservative.)
Source: https://arstechnica.com/information-tech...ood-thing/

I didn't realize Debian 10 has been around for as long as it had.  Time does fly fast.  I noticed at end of last night that your tutorial is dated 2019.  Feels like yesterday!

I've been doing all nighters for most of the week, so have now woken up after 7 hours of dead sleep.  I didn't quite know where I was when I woke up or what time it was.

You're right.  I'm not doing it right. I have to resolve the issues as they come up, when they come up and discuss them first.  My approach this far has been to work through all of the tutorials first that I can get on the Web - such as how to install Nginx on Debian 9 and WP on Nginx on Debian 9.  I then created the commands in a separate Cheat Sheet before I started with a fresh install.  In all of the cases there must have been something missing that is there, but assumed as "given".  Like something really very basic about the setup that I still have to get the hang off first. I don't think the quality of the tutorials is that great or maybe it's just a case of something I've been missing.  I'll start a new discussion on that.  In fact I've got a few discussions I'll post in other parts of the Forum.  So I won't go off topic in this tutorial. This tutorial to me is a GEM!  Cheers!   Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy way to upgrade Debian 9 to Debian 10 - by deanhills - 05-16-2021, 05:52 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting