arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy way to upgrade Debian 9 to Debian 10
@Mashiro  I've been trying to do the upgrade from Debian 8 to 10 on an OpenVZ VPS with 1 GB RAM and 60 GB SSD space.  For the first time I found a hickup with upgrading to Debian 10 - looks like the easy upgrades may be better with KVM?  I first tried the direct upgrade from Debian 8 to 10.  That didn't work well and it was searching for packages but wasn't clear about what was missing.  Then I tried it incrementally.  From Debian 8 to Debian 9 first, and then Debian 9 to 10. The upgrade went OK (as far as I could see) from Debian 8 to 9. The issues came up with the last upgrade from Debian 9 to 10.  The system asks for a Kernel upgrade to minimum 3.1.  Am I correct that one can't upgrade a Kernel at OS level on an OpenVZ Virtualization?  Only sponsor can?  Whereas with KVM one can upgrade a Kernel in OS?

The Kernel Version of the OpenVZ VPS is:

Linux version 2.6.32-042stab145.3

Virmach KVM VPS that upgraded so effortlessly to Debian 10 was: 4.19.0-16-amd64
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Easy way to upgrade Debian 9 to Debian 10 - by deanhills - 06-11-2021, 08:33 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting