arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs
(06-22-2021, 10:28 AM)xdude Wrote: [...] if you need a budget version then OPPO phones are also known to have good cameras.
Awesome suggestion thanks dude.  OPPO phones are available here so am definitely going to check these out.

For about three days I've been tempted (just tempted) to order Google Pixel 4A. It is completely unavailable in South Africa and I was thinking of ordering it from Amazon which in South Africa means importing it. It's supposed to be budget, has some awesome specs, but for me to go through the hoops of getting a phone from the US, particularly with customs constraints etc. the phone has to be better than anything comparable I can get in South Africa.  I scanned through a lot of reviews, and in the UK I at last found one that wasn't trying to impress Google with how great the phone was supposed to be.  I'm sure it is an OKish phone, but I don't think to the extent one has to import it.

So now I have a new phone to check out around here - OPPO.  I'd like a separate smart phone to check out for new up to date Android and I'm thinking of changing my SIM provider.  So I'd like to test an alternate SIM and get an idea of how far behind I am with my Android 6.  I don't want to get cheap cheap, as that never works out well with cell phones, but maybe just under middle of the budget range.  4 GB RAM 64 GB storage Good camera nice screen with vivid colors.

Another option for something novel is Huawei P40 Lite.  Huawei is much in demand over here.  P40 Lite is bit expensive though, even though it's supposed to be a budget phone, but since it would be a phone to test out new things, it may be interesting to see how well a phone does without Google Play Store.  Could turn out to be a dream come true?  Tongue

(06-23-2021, 02:01 PM)Kururin Wrote: Well, in my area 5G is really prevalent and it gives you fiber optic speed. As can be seen here:
[...]
Looks awesome for sure.  While I was researching Google Pixel 4A I was really wishing I could be in the US just to try out the variety that is available.  Google Pixel 4A also comes with a model with 5G.  Any way, I think I've got over my temporary insanity for now.  Dream on DH .... Tongue

(06-22-2021, 07:03 AM)tiwil Wrote: A great thread by @deanhills, big thanks Smile

I have a phone that I bought back in 2017. Not so expensive, about 250 USD I think. It's Asus Zenfone 4 Max Pro with Android, of course, version 9 I think.
Thanks for the positive feedback @tiwil.  Looks like you're a minimalist with using phones.  Minimalists always seem to like Apple.  So who knows, maybe one day you'll be an Apple owner.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by deanhills - 06-20-2021, 03:02 PM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by xdude - 06-21-2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by debjit - 06-21-2021, 01:54 PM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by sagher - 06-22-2021, 05:31 AM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by tiwil - 06-22-2021, 07:03 AM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by xdude - 06-22-2021, 10:28 AM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by deanhills - 06-24-2021, 11:30 AM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by xdude - 06-26-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: Member Cell Phone Brand and Specs - by debjit - 06-26-2021, 05:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-26-2019, 07:26 AM
Last Post: rudra

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting