arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you manage your Windows 7 updates?
I'd like to hear from members who still have Windows 7 and how they manage their Windows update system.  Are you on automatic updates or do you go for the "let me choose" system, and how do you feel about the updates in general?

Reason I ask is I've just been through a bad update experience with Windows 7 Professional.  I'm on the "let me choose" system.  I check up on updates maybe every two to three months - work through the list and then select those that I think are needed. My last updates I did that way on 10 April completely brought my computer to its knees.  Going from reasonably fast, it went to extremely slow and when I rebooted it moved very slowly.  Initially I thought maybe Microsoft needs more time to configure things and was working in the background, but the slowness continued and some of my applications weren't happy either - some links wouldn't work like in Kaspersky Dashboard and my VPN dashboard was written off, I couldn't use my VPN any longer.  So what I did, thank goodness for the restore function of Windows, was to restore Windows to where it was before the updates.

So Windows is on my mind as after the restore my computer is working flawless and fast again.  HOWEVER, now I'm worried, I'm obviously not up to date with security updates and I don't have a clue which specific update created problems for Windows.  So this is why I'm asking what others are doing with their Windows 7 updates.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-12-2018, 10:27 AM
Last Post: chanalku91
05-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Last Post: sagher

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting