arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yandex Domain Mail Configuration confusion - VestaCP & Domain Registrar?!
(01-14-2019, 11:47 AM)rudra Wrote: are you using your own name servers to host the dns records for your domain or the ones from yandex or the ones from your domain registrar or another party?
Thanks Rudra - the info is much appreciated.  Up to an hour or so ago when I noticed Yandex still said my MX record was not set up, I changed my name servers to Yandex Name Servers.  Before that I was using my name servers that are my own name servers that I have registered with my Registrar.  When I was using Zoho there was no need to change the Name Servers.  I don't think there should be need at Yandex, but I was hoping it would strengthen my case as they also have a category of delegating the domain.  

(01-14-2019, 11:47 AM)rudra Wrote: check what you have entered at the domain registrar to know that. then proceed there to configure the dns and mx....
I haven't ever configured any records at the Registrar before other than registering my own domain name servers and setting name servers with the domain.  I always use a Panel to do that with.  Either cpanel with a free shared hosting account, or VestaCP.  BUT, maybe I should, and there is no real harm in it.  This is a very cheap .89C domain I purchased from Namecheap.  So I'll proceed and hopefully that will make a difference.

(01-14-2019, 11:47 AM)rudra Wrote: edit. vestaCP is just a control panel. it is not the central hub or something... this is why people like HR prefer to do it manually when they can. please try to understand how the basic flow of activities runs in a system. then vestaCP will end up as more of a burden than a helpful tool. also you won't have to ask such simple questions. your own clear concept will show you what to look for and where to find it.
Although I more than completely agree with you on this one (it's in my head all the time while I'm working with the panel), I'm lazy.  And I love my VestaCP.  Guess I'm a sucker for punishment!  But there's still hope for me.  Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yandex Domain Mail Configuration confusion - VestaCP & Domain Registrar?! - by deanhills - 01-14-2019, 12:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: deanhills
09-25-2018, 08:25 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting