arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a ISP "null" IPs in range with FTP ports?
Question 
Hi, I have a question (and a problem) - I cannot connect to my FTP provided by my VPS provider... I've tried everything, but I noticed that I can connect with my friends phone, but not mine. I cannot also connect with my computer or laptop. All of my devices are connected to the same ISP...
I'll post the ENTIRE log of what is happening when I try to connect to my FTP server.
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
and that's all. Nothing else. Just "waiting for welcome message". But I can establish a connection! Just... everything seems to be "nulled"? As in the FTP is sending empty, dummy packets. My FTP server starts with "66". But, when I try connecting to my old FTP, hosted on the same VPS site, it actually works! But it starts with "192", a MUCH higher number than 66. But I can connect to it through Minecraft though (as I'm hosting a game server)! Minecraft uses a much higher port than FTP; FTP uses 21, and Minecraft uses 25565 (or similar). 
halp? Tongue

P.S: I cannot change the IP of the server as it isn't included in my hosting package (which I got for free, so fair enough).
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Can a ISP "null" IPs in range with FTP ports? - by kbartek - 07-05-2019, 02:59 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting