arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Search getting smarter or dumber ?
firstly, I would like to apologize for such a title. Here I am going to present only one example which I found myself during my surfing. In it, DuckDuckGo search seems to be clearly ahead in ordering the results according to relevance and possible intent.

i was looking for the updated versions of physics books called Karlsruhe physics course. I discovered that Google doesn't even show a link to that page on its first page of results. only a link to one pdf book and that too at the 8th position. I remember the English home page used to be at the top. Then i felt curious and went to DuckDuckGo. voila !! at the top.

here are the pictures..

DuckDuckGo

Google

Google bottom portion

it seems in their search for relevance and accuracy and contextual signal and all that, employing AI and what not,they are returning some really poor results sometimes..

This is just one example. But it makes me happy and hopeful, that may be other engines will get more of the share and loosen the grip with which Google is holding the market.

Such a monopoly is not healthy. It gives them just too much power to control publicity and exposure. not good at all.

please spread the word and ask people to use other search engines too.

oh...i would love if you guys can come up with similar examples of your own and post them below. thanks
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.

Messages In This Thread
Google Search getting smarter or dumber ? - by rudra - 12-03-2019, 10:37 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting