arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft .NET Framework Conflict with MalwareBytes!
For the last two days I had an issue with Microsoft .NET Framework on my computer.  Immediately after login it would come up with the following error message:

Quote:Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quick, the application closes immediately.

This of course was very scary for me, since I'm still on Windows 7.  I immediately thought this was the reason for it.  That I needed an update or something that will never come as Windows 7 is no longer supported.

Has this happened to any one else before?

Any way, I then went to Google for help, and found lots of help at this discussion on the Microsoft Support Forum.  It had happened to someone else before.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...31014601b1

I then did the first thing suggested which was to download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool that the Microsoft Moderator recommended.  I then followed the steps until it made a suggestion for deregistering the Windows installation.  And of cause stopped right there.  As it sounded too serious, and I didn't have the foggiest what this meant.

I then went back to the above discussion where the person who was being helped said that the repair tool had fixed the problem for a week only, and then the problem reoccurred, and it was only then that the Microsoft Moderator pointed him in the direction of the possibility of a software conflict with a third party anti-virus.

Bingo!  I had loaded MalwareBytes over the weekend when I wanted to check my computer thoroughly.  I hadn't used MalwareBytes in a long time.  Any way, I then uninstalled MalwareBytes immediately, and so far the error message hasn't come up again.

So if this should ever happen to someone else.  Looks like Microsoft .NET Framework has the potential for software conflict with anti-virus software.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft .NET Framework Conflict with MalwareBytes! - by deanhills - 06-30-2020, 09:09 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting