arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
Today I spent some time with checking out YouTube tutorials on Linux Mint.  Linux Mint looks like a promising alternative for someone used to Windows, how good it is I'm not sure, but looks like it is one of the Windows alternatives that is being used.

I was wondering whether there is any one here who has been using Linux for a Windows alternative.  What distribution are you using, and what has your experience been compared with Windows?

If you have some experience with Linux Mint, would be great if you could share it here.  I've noticed that Linux Mint was upgraded to Version 20 in July of this year and Linux Mint fans didn't like the new version that much.  Something to do with the way that Ubuntu, on which Linux Mint is built has changed how it deals with apps.  Would it be OK to stick with Linux Mint 19, or would Linux Mint 20 be better.  The negative of course being Linux Mint 19 would have many more updates, but maybe be more user friendly for a first time user?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by deanhills - 11-18-2020, 09:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting