arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gigarocket end of Free Hosting!
(11-25-2020, 04:22 AM)xdude Wrote: oh I miss the Frihost. I had used it for a very long time and didn't have many downtime. Also I think  the owner had both cPnael and Directadmin servers and I was in DirectAdmin one. I liked DiractAdmin. It was simple to use if u only need basic options. No fancy stuff. Personally I think that was the best free hosting service I have ever used. It lasted long time without changing. Gigarocket is the second and Giga had very little posting requirement, nearly nothing.

Wow @xdude we're on the same wavelength here.  I miss Frihost too. I got to think about Frihost particularly the last couple or more days as do you remember we had DirectAdmin User Accounts and how very simple but also very effective they were.  Like they had the bare minimum of functions.  It's only at the end of Frihost when I got paid hosting to check the workings of DirectAdmin that I discovered that Bondings must have configured the user accounts to be as simple as they were.  He was a master magician Admin of DirectAdmin.  As far as I remember cPanel came with freeftpspace (FFS) Forum that Bondings acquired in 2014 (not sure if that is the correct year but roundabouts).  Initially it got hacked, and then after it was fixed melted down, but for about 2 years after getting a brand new Hetzner VPS, we didn't have a single down day.  That was a magic cpanel for sure.

Do you remember how Bondings recreated phpBB Forum?  Like he basically forked phpBB first version - only drawback was when he lost interest, it could never be upgraded afterwards.  It started to implode from within and we had a melt down server by server starting with server 3, then 4, then finally server 2 (which had the Forum on it) and server 1 being the last one to go up in smoke.  Server 1 at the time it went down had all the remaining hosting accounts on it. While we were without the Forum I started Frihost Club and finally rolled it up a few months ago. I've been trying to temporarily reactivate it last night by way of a cpanel test only but am having issues with the database - being unable to import it as it comes up with errors. Maybe it's the Universe's message to me to allow Frihost to RIP. Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by deanhills - 11-20-2020, 03:38 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sAmI - 11-20-2020, 09:15 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by xdude - 11-20-2020, 12:13 PM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sAmI - 11-23-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by tryp4vps - 11-22-2020, 09:13 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sagher - 11-22-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sAmI - 11-24-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by tiwil - 11-24-2020, 04:37 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by mzltest - 11-24-2020, 11:02 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by xdude - 11-25-2020, 04:22 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by deanhills - 11-25-2020, 10:51 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting