arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Country-limited smartphone edition is legit?
Every year a lot of smartphones are released, most of them get a international edition but sometimes there are very good edition limited to a specific market. Why they do that?

For example recently OnePlus announces its OnePlus series 9 phones:
  • One Plus 9, international availability
  • One Plus 9Pro, international availability
  • One Plus 9R, india exclusive
9R is a cheaper phone with almost the same feature, except for the enthusiast ones such as advanced cameras and top gamma CPU... why non-india people can't get it?

Another example are the Samsung esotic colors, on China and Korea has been reported the availability of RED and PINK variants of their phones over the times, they just get released a bit later than their international variants.

What differences between a international phone and a region-specific region are:
  • CSC partition, they can be adjusted buy flashing the international ROM
  • Modem LTE frequencies, nowadays we almost uses all of the available, except for some China frequences
What they do this unfair market strategy? 
If I like RED color why I should be unable to get it? Only because I am not chinese/korean? It is crazy.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting