arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with installing myvestacp
@sagher  Just so you know, myvestacp.com has a discussion forum where you can get support from the owner of the script.  I noticed there was someone else who asked your question at the Forum:
https://forum.myvestacp.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=189

May be a good idea to check through the topics of the Installation Discussion Forum as that way you can learn about how to set it up properly:
https://forum.myvestacp.com/viewforum.php?f=14

I also suggest  once you've made a change to the DNS or to the Host Name, to ask for a reinstallation of Debian again (in the Private Support Forum) and then reinstall the panel from scratch, otherwise maybe Lets Encrypt won't work as it should after the changes have been made.  In my experience with panels, if you get a major issue with a panel like the one above, it's always better to reinstall the OS and start the panel installation fresh after the correction has been made.

Regarding change of the host name. I also have Freenom domains.  What may help is for you to do as the instruction says.  To create an A record in Freenom Dashboard for the domain you are using with the panel.  In addition to the Cloudflare Name Servers you already have.  And see if both will work.  If not, maybe using Freenom DNS is good, as my experience with Freenom DNS has been even better than with Namecheap DNS.

As far as I can remember for you to create the A Record in your Freenom Dashboard you have to change the name servers to Freenom DNS in your Freenom Domain Dashboard first: 

1. Click on List of Domains and then Click on "Manage Domain" next to Domain Name in the list.

2. Click on "Management Tools" and select Nameservers.  Then click default name servers. You have to select on Freenom DNS for Nameservers first before you can create an A record.

3. Then click on "Manage Freenom DNS"

[Image: nNA5dRc.png]

3. Then create A record like this (name is blank - Target is the IP of your VPS):

[Image: BE9ncvQ.png]

@sagher After you've made a change in the domain host name and DNS, then make a Debian reinstallation request in Private Support Requests first and I'll reinstall Debian again, so you can start the new panel fresh with the domain host name and DNS fixed.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
Issues with installing myvestacp - by sagher - 04-08-2021, 06:08 AM
RE: Issues with installing myvestacp - by sagher - 04-19-2021, 09:58 AM
RE: Issues with installing myvestacp - by sagher - 04-21-2021, 06:07 AM
RE: Issues with installing myvestacp - by Sn1F3rt - 04-30-2021, 10:21 AM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 04-08-2021, 02:09 PM
RE: VPS control Panel Comparisons (FREE) - by TrK - 04-09-2021, 07:31 PM
RE: LetsEncrypt Issue - by deanhills - 04-15-2021, 11:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: OldMeister
02-13-2020, 09:50 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting