arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation of WP without Panel - Permissions Issue
@fChk

My point simply was that there are default directories for applications that exist regardless of OS or software used. The second point was that you're not forced to use these default directories. Especially with web servers and vHosts it is easy to use custom directories (as an example or rather said the case of this thread). That is what control panels do in 100% of the time after all. Yes, of course different OS and software packages actually might have different defaults (like you said). I never said the opposite. If I said something wrong about default directories on CentOS I apologize. However I've not used CentOS for several years now and when I used it I never used any defaults. I'm using Debian / Ubuntu only most of the time since the last 3+ years.

That's about all I wanted to say. About SELinux on CentOS... Yes. I know you are a fan of it. I'm not at all. Everyone to their own. Smile Basically when I actively used CentOS the SELinux enforcement wasn't so hard on. So I still have that experience in mind and most likely always forget to consider how annoying SELinux is now with CentOS 7 and higher version (including of course many other RHEL based Linux distributions).

@deanhills

Your progress looks good so far. Of course still a lot to learn for the case of really running everything without a control panel via the CLI.

Most important like with Windows is also with Linux that one usually focuses on a certain set of OSs. I'm the Debian / Ubuntu user while you seem to be a bigger fan of CentOS like @fChk Smile .

Same with stuff like you using Apache while I would always recommend Nginx (unless Apache is really necessary). I know for a fact that Wordpress works very well with Nginx, too Smile .
[Image: zHHqO5Q.png]
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
02-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Last Post: deanhills
07-21-2019, 02:17 AM
07-19-2019, 09:23 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting