arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
myBB users beware - Authorization code mismatch!
(07-29-2018, 02:03 PM)deanhills Wrote: Not sure whether you've come across this, but definitely a rude awakening when I installed the latest version of myBB.

myBB 1.8.17

After a brand-new installation of the above script, and after completely setting up the Forum, when one clicks from the Admin Dashboard on "View Forum" then one should automatically be able to access the Forum as the user with Admin status.  That was the first warning sign. When that failed I tried to log in and this is the error message that came up:

I then thought it had something to do with the theme, and turned the theme off and the default theme on.  That didn't make a difference either.  Then had to navigate to the myBB Community Forum in search of answers.  Just to discover the developers of the script seem to think it's completely OK to expect that one should know that there is an issue with the Authorization code mismatch. They don't have to fix their installation script.  It's up to the dumb users to figure it out for themselves and to finally find their way to this tweaking that needs to be done to the templates:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-218862.html

Compare this with my effortless experience with phpBB of a couple or more months ago, what an absolute pain myBB is.  To find myBB templates is never easy.  I have to count all of the hours I've spent searching for things to fix in the Admin Dashboard.  Installing a plugin is archaic compared with scripts like phpBB and WordPress.  And also a hit and a miss affair with plenty of tweaks needed at times. Those tweaks may also differ from plugin author to plugin author.  Some of the plugins break with themes - standard of monitoring those from the myBB end is not very good.  With themes one rarely get demos and the standards are appalling - with phpBB the themes I found were almost all mobile friendly - with myBB one feels lucky to find a free mobile friendly theme.  

From my experience today .... definitely thumbs down to myBB!

This is why I always stick with modern forum software like Flarum/NodeBB/Discourse. They never have this kind of problem since they are built from ground up using modern tools with modernness in mind. So responsive design with mobile friendliness is there, plugins and extensions works with each other without any problem and if one doesn't work disable it with click of a button. Everything feels snappy and quick unlike MyBB here which takes me forever to load, I never had problem with the loading of modern forum like discourse which is quick and pleasing to the eyes.
No one knows what the future holds, that's why its potential is infinite

Messages In This Thread
RE: myBB users beware - Authorization code mismatch! - by Kururin - 07-30-2018, 08:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
03-28-2021, 03:36 PM
Last Post: deanhills
11-29-2017, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting