arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yandex Domain Mail Configuration confusion - VestaCP & Domain Registrar?!
Feedback.  My Dashboard still shows that MX records haven't been set up. Looks as though Yandex is still not perfect enough for fumbler beginners like me. Like I'm almost sure if I had all of my records configured correctly as they are now, BEFORE I applied for the Domain Account, then everything would have been just fine. But somehow technically it just couldn't move on from MX records not set up to it having been set up.

So I haven't given up yet in the long run.  I'm sure it will work eventually.  But for now I've given up.  I'll try again in a year or so.  At least I learned some valuable lessons out of this - in order of their importance to me:

1. Namecheap - my domain registrar for the domain I was working with - doesn't allow one to create MX records and other records at Namecheap if one is not using their DNS.  In other words, if one uses external name servers, like with one's host, then to create MX records at the Registrar is disabled.

Namesilo - the Registrar that is becoming more important to me - does allow one to create MX records regardless of which name servers one uses.  Which is the reason why I'll be using them for all new purchases from now on.  

2. One should study all of the steps for the Yandex Mail setup FIRST before you do anything.  As it may be unforgiving in the background especially when it comes to creating records.  For example it just refused to change its mind about me having MX records.  Something in the background isn't quite working.  Whereas, if I had created those records FIRST before I started the domain account, I'm almost certain it would have worked.

3. Another theory I have - but unproven as yet - is that if one is not going to delegate one's domain to Yandex so one only uses it as a mail host, that the MX records, CNAME, SPF and DKIM have to be changed at the Registrar.  Yandex doesn't seem to get it from VestaCP.  Those records need to be changed at the Registrar.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yandex Domain Mail Configuration confusion - VestaCP & Domain Registrar?! - by deanhills - 01-16-2019, 08:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
10-24-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: deanhills
09-25-2018, 08:25 AM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting