arrow_upward

Poll: Would you like a IP to check VPS latency?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I think it could be useful
25.00%
No, I don't need it
75.00%
I don't care
0%
Total
4 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Provide a IP address to check latency for every VPS Plan
(08-22-2019, 02:19 PM)Hidden Refuge Wrote: If I may add my two cents. Those who remember know that this suggestion has been accepted and implemented on FreeVPS.us in the past. The story of how successful this was isn't that good because of multiple factors outside of the control of FreeVPS.us or in this case Post4VPS. Things such as a) providers not providing such information, b) providers who provided such information have stopped providing it and old information was no longer valid and c) providers kept changing the information and it was hard to keep up with updates or even find the new information (most likely due to issues or abuse of the previous test IPs). In the end pretty much all providers that had such information stored ended up either being out of business or having stopped providing this information.

As nice as this idea is: think twice.

I'm not for/against the idea. Just throwing in experience with this suggestion from the past. It's merely up to the staff of Post4VPS if this suggestion gets accepted.
You are totally right. You pointed out problems that will make a very uncontrollable situation for Post4VPS. I thought about this idea because providers seems very active in this forum, so I was thinking that communications between post4vps' staff and provider was "rapid".

Regarding abuse issue... I can't reply. There are non-so-serious people around the world but also serious ones, I can speak about myself and I would treat in a serious way a information such as a IP address provided to only check the VPS latency.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
11-13-2019, 04:29 PM
Last Post: deanhills
10-17-2018, 08:59 AM
Last Post: perry

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting