arrow_upward

A proposal: special post counter and scoring system.
@rudra  With reference to your suggestion in your OP, I'm with @Sohamb03 on this one.  The suggestion is not practically feasible.  From many points of view.  We would need totally objective minded Staff to check those all of the time.  I've got more than enough work to do as it is.  To create that counter in its own right will be extra load on Dynamo.  There is a long list of projects that @Dynamo has on his list already.  Like one that I really favour over this one is a project to create post4vps own VPS panel for VPSs that come without a panel, so users can get their own panel for the VPSs that don't have panels.  Now that project I'd rather see Dynamo worry about than more points,.  And it's not as though with myBB you create the points counter, and sit back and it works straight away.  Dynamo will have to support the technical working of that counter. The staff will have to answer all of the feedback inquiries about the counter.  I'm sure you can remember all of the feedback that we got from the last counter, particularly when it wasn't working as it should.  myBB is not perfect by any means, and to create the counter he already created, the support involved took a lot of his time.

From another point of view we have a very SMALL community of members here.  I'd say most of us who have been around for a few months have a pretty good view of how long every one has been around, and the quality of their posts in the Forum.  For all of the Giveaways this year, and particularly the almost 8 months I've been the Giveaway Manager, the most members who participated in a single Giveaway have been five.  So it's not as though we have a huge number of members competing in any of the Giveaways needing a special vote system.  I know the Forum so well by now, like I go through every post that is made (well almost 99% of them any way).  Almost at a glance of the VPS requests, I can immediately see who is going to get which VPS.  In cases of doubt, I'm always closely in touch with Dynamo. Like there have been cases where the person won the VPS because of complete absence of competition, and I thought the person may not be deserving of the VPS. Those kind of doubtful cases.

One thing I really agree with you is the concern about lack of number of new members.  But this month I feel happy as we have at least two new members who have been involved in the Forum in a meaningful way. I've read great quality posts, and that always make me happy. I haven't seen that before, so we have reason to celebrate this month.  As it stands we may be getting three new high powered games server VPSs with the next Giveaway.  So the new members stand a great chance to get a really good VPS.  

Hopefully the added activity of our new members this month will motivate others to join.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
09-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting