arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
Thanks @youssefbasha  I don't think it was me.  But good if we can compare quarantine and cases.

We're on stage 4 of the quarantine, stage 5 being the highest. Stage 4 still has every one staying at home, schools are still closed. But fast food stores can now deliver fast food to homes. The mines have opened to a certain percentage and subject to many rules and regulations for how staff have to be protected and everything sanitized. We now have electronic shops open too, and people may buy clothes, shoes, bedding, baby stuff and kitchen things. But not more than that. Sale of tobacco and liquor is prohibited in Stage 4. The tobacco union is going to open a case against the Government about allowing tobacco to be sold again. People aren't allowed to buy new properties - they can enter into agreements, but no one can move anywhere. Including rentals. Facial masks are now a Government law every where, even outdoors. Most malls won't allow people to enter without wearing at least a cloth mask. There are some very creative masks and facial coverings. Some of the electronics companies like Vodacom has their own patented masks for their staff. No doubt they will be distributing it to clients as well.

I'm curious to know what members' experiences are with the recording of cases in their countries? How accurate are they? When we were under the 100 cases in South Africa every case was meticulously recorded and reported.  But now I have GREAT difficulty to get accurate statistics for my area in South Africa.  Part of the reason is mismanagement of recorded cases from a statistics point of view.  There is a huge wait at times between taking patients in and waiting for the test results, and a long wait for the cases to be recorded with the central Department of Health who manages the statistics. Not all of the provinces in the country are equally efficient and well managed - some are very poorly or mismanaged. Also, the stats have become politicized from region to region.  Like they're competing with who has the lowest number, so possibly there is a good chance the cases are under reported. I wonder whether this is also the case in other countries?  Like how much can we trust the stats?

Crime and corruption in South Africa is of the highest in the world.  Like out of the ordinary high.  Especially among Government officials.  So I wonder whether other members are experiencing the mismanagement and theft by Government officials of food parcels that are intended for the poor.  We even have cases of police exercising their rights to go into a liquor store, and confiscating liquor that they sold to their friends.  And police going into small spaza shops in the local communities, helping themselves and stealing from the shops.  

And now against the above background the President two days ago announced the release of 19,000 prisoners because the prisons are too full.  We already have a legal system that is stretched beyond its limits and understaffed.  It takes HUGE resources to catch robbers and put them behind bars both on the police and legal system side.  Now they will be put on parole and not even sure where they will live.  Like if you release 19,000 prisoners all at the same time, where will they go?  Crime is already increasing because there are the poor living on poverty lines who are hungry.  Food intended for them doesn't always reach them because of Government officials stealing from the food or just mismanaging the distribution of the food.  And now this added number of prisoners no doubt will also need to be supported somehow.  This baffles the mind.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corona Virus ? where did this come from ? - by deanhills - 05-09-2020, 03:07 PM
Corona Virus Fears? - by perry - 03-08-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: Corona Virus Fears? - by Khadeer143 - 03-08-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Corona Virus Fears? - by youssefbasha - 03-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Corona virus and Flu - by rudra - 03-16-2020, 04:08 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by sagher - 03-16-2020, 07:02 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by arsalahmed786 - 03-16-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by youssefbasha - 03-16-2020, 11:56 AM
PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by sagher - 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
RE: PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by Littlemaster - 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by Khadeer143 - 03-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Quarantine Time - by youssefbasha - 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by humanpuff69 - 04-06-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by Melvin - 04-06-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by Hawkz - 04-06-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by tiwil - 04-07-2020, 04:35 AM
RE: Quarantine Time - by sagher - 04-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting