arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
(01-27-2021, 05:23 PM)fChk Wrote: @fitkoh

I've read your post (#172) and although I kind of understand the logic you're trying to build, I must say the reasoning is flawed at several levels.

1- I will assumed that by the 'Rona' you mean the SARS-CoV-2, the COVID-19 inducing agent/virus.

2- Antibiotics are antimicrobial drugs, meaning active against bacteria of all kinds and certain class of fungi. They are useless against viral infections, including COVID-19.
Obviously, the misuse and abuse of antibiotics is BAD either in Medecine or in BigAG. This is something that has been known ever we discovered drug resistances in Bacteria. Thus the problem isn't a medical one but in the health system that encourages antibiotics prescription at every turn, as you do in the US and elsewhere...
Responsible antibiotics use doesn't weaken the immune response as you suggested but just give the organism a fighting chance till the adaptive immune response kicks-in (which always takes time to develop and deploy.) Thus, increasing the survival rate among the weakest among us... Hence why people don't die anymore of diseases that wreaked havoc before their discovery and how they work.... which led to their industrial production and use..

3- I've already posted some biology bullet-points in 2 previous posts in this same thread as to (a) what are Human CoronaViruses (HCoVs) and (b) how Human-beings fight against viral infection:
-> a/ https://post4vps.com/Thread-Corona-Virus...5#pid34515

-> b/ https://post4vps.com/Thread-Corona-Virus...6#pid34526

4- If we set aside the various conspiracy theories, the current consensus among the scientific communities concerning the SARS-CoV-2 has to do with the ongoing destruction of natural habitats/ecosystems due to the ever-expansion of Urbanization (as a by-product of the widespread adoption of Capitalism) which put human-beings in close contact with once isolated animal life, hence increasing the chances of zoonosis.

In that perspective, this whole COVID-19 drama is just yet another fallout of the Crazy neo-liberal capitalistic model that the whole World is implementing... including 'Communist' China!!..

The bad news is that this is just the beginning... Welcome to the 21th century!
1. Yes, you're correct on this. This is my way of taking power away from the "global pandemic" madness - by referring to it by a cutesy pet name. Think "Springtime For Hitler And Germany"

2. I can see your point on this; however, look at long term effects over generations. While we're preserving the lives of people unable to fight off serious ailments with their own autoimmune response, we're also reproducing people incapable of fighting off serious ailments with their own autoimmune response. Over time and generations this creates a larger portion of the population entirely dependent on medical science to live - weak, sickly, human beings incapable of taking care of themselves. I believe we, as a species, deserve better. Yes, you saved a life with that antibiotic. Next generation, you will need to save 4 lives... then 16, 64, etc. Until there are so many humans with weak immune systems that the medical industry is overwhelmed trying to save them all ie global pandemic.

4. I 100% agree with this. However, I think the proximity to animal life is the tip of the iceberg not the root of the problem. Farmers have lived near animal life since humans have been farming. It's likely that farmers also pick up microbes from animals. However, farmers typically don't live in crowded urban centers, so overwhelming tranmission isn't likely. The real problem (in my opinion) isn't our proximity to wild animal populations, but our proximity to each other: Our cities have become so crowded that we literally have millions of people stacked on top of each other, enabling 1 person on a bus or a train or at work to infect hundreds or moreĀ  in a short period of time. The only viable solution I see to the issue of ever-growing and more frequent/deadly infections is the decentralization of the world's urban centers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corona Virus ? where did this come from ? - by fitkoh - 01-27-2021, 06:13 PM
Corona Virus Fears? - by perry - 03-08-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: Corona Virus Fears? - by Khadeer143 - 03-08-2020, 06:01 PM
RE: Corona Virus Fears? - by youssefbasha - 03-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Corona virus and Flu - by rudra - 03-16-2020, 04:08 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by sagher - 03-16-2020, 07:02 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by arsalahmed786 - 03-16-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: Corona virus and Flu - by youssefbasha - 03-16-2020, 11:56 AM
PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by sagher - 03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
RE: PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by Littlemaster - 03-19-2020, 02:33 PM
RE: PSL Season Finale Cancelled - by Khadeer143 - 03-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Quarantine Time - by youssefbasha - 04-06-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by humanpuff69 - 04-06-2020, 03:43 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by Melvin - 04-06-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by Hawkz - 04-06-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Quarantine Time - by tiwil - 04-07-2020, 04:35 AM
RE: Quarantine Time - by sagher - 04-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting