arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get Free Domain Name .COM .NET .ORG
(09-07-2020, 10:13 AM)sohamb03 Wrote: Well, it's not a bad offer especially from a trusted provider like Yahoo. Just that a payment method is required to avail the offer, but that's okay, since as a matter of fact, this offer from Yahoo isn't the first time. This campaign had been run before too, years ago and was a huge success.

@ikk157 Well, not that true. Most of the bug registrars if not all give you a FREE renewal for a year if you transfer to them. Agreed that transfer fee does apply, but IMO that's better than letting the domain expire and re-registering since it doesn't become available instantly after it's expiry. And again what you say applies for personal domains with which you're okay if it's not available for a few days, you would of course not do that with a production website even if it's your personal blog, which would ideally get a fairly good number of visitors.

I never knew transferring the domain yields you a free year apart from the transfer fee. From what I can remember (I may have forgotten) they charge you a little under their usual renewal fee. Unless the transfer fee you’re talking about is what i saw. If that’s the case, then it doesn’t matter what they call it, it’s still cheaper to get a first year price elsewhere.

As for having several days of downtime, doubt that’ll happen. You can re-register it as soon as it expires... you don’t have to unnecessarily wait a few days before re-registering it. Unless your previous registrar purposely hogs the domain to make it harder for you to re-register it elsewhere (that would be one hell of a scammy move in my opinion).

But honestly if you’re running anything commercial, domain pricing is most likely the least of your concerns.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
lockThread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Get Free Domain Name .COM .NET .ORG - by ikk157 - 09-07-2020, 12:44 PM
RE: Get Free Domain Name .COM .NET .ORG - by sAmI - 09-10-2020, 08:27 PM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting