arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
(11-20-2020, 01:42 PM)TrK Wrote: I have been using linux for a while now(ofcourse dual booting as windows is still my daily driver for games and such) i have ubuntu and it's various flavours including lubuntu and kubuntu but so far i didn't liked ubuntu that much, so i started using manjaro with XFCE and honestly liked to interface and user experience but as for my work i decided to remove manjaro and go with a debian based Parrot OS from parrotsec so far it's working fine without any issues ofcourse whenever i try to run games on it with the help of proton most of them crash without any standard error but as for work it's working quite fine for me. While parrot os is good i won't recommend it to end users who are only looking for an alternate "Windows" i mostly recommend them to use either manjaro or my long time favorite centOS ofcourse with XFCE well there are times they didn't like XFCE and decided to go with KDE or GNOME instead(i honestly have no idea why though?).

Thx for the feedback @TrK Exactly what I was looking for. I've never heard of XFCE before and as a regular CentOS user I should definitely have a look at it. On the other hand I've never used Ubuntu before, but get the feeling Linux Mint is more of a Gui than ever really getting under the dashboard to work direct with Ubuntu. Knowing and having experience with Ubuntu obviously will help to understand it better and be able to be on top of fixing thngs.

OK here it is:
https://www.xfce.org/

Hmmmm not that attractive, but who knows when one starts to get to know it better it may have better functionality and ease of use. Can already see it looking at device drivers and updates, so that must be a good sign for sure.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by deanhills - 11-20-2020, 08:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting