arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
(11-21-2020, 06:23 AM)TrK Wrote: Linux is like a vast ocean when comes to user preference some like GNOME while some hate it to their bones some prefer LXQT/LXDE as it's basic and they only need to work on console anyway while some don't want to see it on their machines just because it's "Basic". Some guys promote Budgie as they say you will get a MacOS feel while some says use KDE you will feel like using "Windows" but everything depends on the end user what he actually need and required, i mean suppose if he have a low end machine i will recommend him either XFCE or LXQT but if he have good enough pc i will just link several desktop environemnt and throw them at him and simply walk out saying "You can choose whatever you like it doesn't matter as long as you are familiar with it's UI and UX".

Not to forget that very ironically Windows is also based on Linux, except Gates made people pay for it. And then employed thousands of programmers and license marketers to shroud it in a romantic mystery and cover up the holes in it with updates that have grown into Microsoft's very own contribution to Trojan malware. Tongue

Thx for an awesome post @TrK. I read every word of it, and as soon as I have more time will be Googling more next week. I've heard a lot about Arch Linux, but now have the big picture view. Am looking forward to trying these out for sure. Cool
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by deanhills - 11-21-2020, 09:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting