arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate?
I am currently using Debian 9 for my daily use because Windows is just slow and laggy. If I have newer laptop probably I'll use Windows more often as it also offer WSL. I don't install WSL in my Windows due to being so laggy and not reliable, I cannot even browse with peace. Lagging everywhere.

Actually I want to question about the topic. Are you asking the community what is the nearest Windows alternative from graphical interface or just something that would work best and the most reliable and don't care too much about the graphical?

(11-20-2020, 08:06 PM)deanhills Wrote: Hmmmm not that attractive, but who knows when one starts to get to know it better it may have better functionality and ease of use.  Can already see it looking at device drivers and updates, so that must be a good sign for sure.

XFCE is more recommended for a low-end laptop/desktop like my laptop. I'm using XFCE right now and it's just smooth, better than when I use GNOME. I wish I can use GNOME as it's more beautiful but my laptop just don't support it. I suggest to try the higher-end graphics first then downgrade if it's laggy.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Linux alternative for Windows - how does Linux Mint rate? - by tiwil - 11-23-2020, 02:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting