arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gigarocket end of Free Hosting!
(11-24-2020, 11:02 AM)mzltest Wrote: Finally,as far as I know,that heliohost (https://www.heliohost.org/signup/ )seems to still offer free cPanel hosting.Maybe a wider community and Non-Profit certification helps to control budget.

That's really great to know @mzltest.  Heliohost comes well recommended by two of our Forum members @sohamb03 and @ikk157.  I'll check HelioHost out and maybe sign up to see what the cpanel is like.

Note: I've opened a separate discussion about my HelioHost sign-up experience.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with DirectAdmin and your panel of choice.  I agree.  When I was still with Frihost, we had DirectAdmin hosting there that was very intelligently configured by the owner of Frihost for ease of use. That was in 2016. I then signed up for a paid account with a Canadian Shared Host, Blue Bird Hosting, to learn more about DirectAdmin and I found the panel very clumsy.  In the beginning I had to submit many tickets as yes, the theme that came up was not good.  I then battled to get the classic theme.  Also the layout of the panel is not user friendly.  Easy to pick the wrong function.  After a long while however once I knew where everything was, I managed to use it OK.

Next I went for a paid VPS with DirectAdmin with a VPS Host to learn the Admin side of DirectAdmin, and that was a complete disaster.  I don't think it was DirectAdmin as much as not so good VPS hosting, but my VPS got DDossed even before I started to use it. I was totally unable to move in the Admin Panel. That was then also the end of my learning of the Admin Panel of DirectAdmin.

I'm curious however and am thinking of trying the Admin Panel out again. DirectAdmin does offer a free trial and I also have an option for a free license from Hostus.us where I have a paid VPS. Who knows, maybe the DirectAdmin panel has been upgraded and it may have become more user friendly since 2016 when I last used it.  What I did learn was DirectAdmin Developers are from Quebec in Canada, so you'll find it available in Canada and the US.  During 2016, when cPanel waa still affordable, I battled to find a DirectAdmin VPS and shared hosting host.  I could only find the odd one in Canada and the US.  But now it is a total different scenario, I'm sure due to cpanel pricing itself out of the market DirectAdmin is becoming popular again.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by deanhills - 11-20-2020, 03:38 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sAmI - 11-20-2020, 09:15 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by xdude - 11-20-2020, 12:13 PM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sAmI - 11-23-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by tryp4vps - 11-22-2020, 09:13 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sagher - 11-22-2020, 10:53 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by sAmI - 11-24-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by tiwil - 11-24-2020, 04:37 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by mzltest - 11-24-2020, 11:02 AM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by deanhills - 11-24-2020, 09:49 PM
RE: Gigarocket end of Free Hosting! - by xdude - 11-25-2020, 04:22 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting