arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally?
(01-23-2021, 05:46 AM)deanhills Wrote: Last night my cousin, who is an ophthalmologist told me that a few months back five of his staff got the virus simultaneously, but very light.  They started with sniffles, and lost their sense of smell.  He then got every one in his business tested, and five tested positively.  Not sure how true this is, but he is convinced that because of the precautions that were taken with face masks and social distancing it could be that they had been subjected to a very light viral load.  Do you think this can be true?   The lighter the viral load the lighter the degree of infection? For him all of them had the virus light and recovered fast.  They had to go into self-quarantine of course, but recovered fast without need for hospitalization.  Do you think they will be needing the vaccine as well though?  

While I was reacting to the above quote in my previous post--where I was trying to cast a doubt on the possibility of the test result being a false-positive, I did forget to answer the last question:
(01-23-2021, 05:46 AM)deanhills Wrote: Do you think they will be needing the vaccine as well though?  

I personally think yes they should get vaccinated too. Vaccination is all about reinforcing the defences against a specific target/pathogen. But because I don't have an MD, I will let someone more qualified to say it for me. Thus please watch the video below (COVID-19 clinical update #46), where Dr Daniel Griffin answers a series of FAQ including the one you asked, as someone asked if people who had an acute COVID-19 infection should wait 90 days before getting vaccinated (@5 minutes into the video). So, worth watching:

Last thing I should say before quitting this thread, YES!.. PEOPLE SHOULD STILL WEAR MASKS AFTER BEING VACCINATED. WHY?.. Because vaccination protects them not those around them who aren't and because, as we've already said, the vaccinated person can still shed the virus for a certain period of time, although the transmission data is still lacking at this point for SARS-CoV-2 (as stated in the video above.)
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - by fChk - 01-24-2021, 09:24 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by sagher - 01-18-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by fChk - 01-19-2021, 06:12 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Do you need a vaccine? - by pqhosting - 07-06-2021, 11:57 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tbelldesignco - 07-06-2021, 01:28 PM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by sagher - 07-07-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tryp4vps - 07-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting