arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally?
(04-07-2021, 01:25 AM)mzltest Wrote: That's somehow reasonable to prevent incoming cases as it seems foreigners coming here need quanartine too and some international students banned from entering here(I don't know the exact info).

"Vaccination pass" may be used however I think it's a confirmation on vaccine used.So some countries may not confirm SinoVac(for example,not reflecting anything) 's effect and treat the vaccined people as unvaccined.It is hard to be a global standard so things that you've vaccined a vaccine that is not accepted by the destintation goverment and forcing quarantine may happen.
Agreed @mzltest  I once clicked on a TV program where there was an interview with Emirates Airlines and the Dubai International Airport Manager.  And they mentioned the issue of having universal standards that make sense for every one.  All one has to do is Google it and it's like a Tower of Babylon different requirements for different countries.  Must be tough on the airport assistants when one checks in.  But who knows, maybe they have it covered electronically with flags and links to the country's Website requirements.

Still.  It must be making things more complicated and more expensive.  Also very confusing.  It's making air travel almost unaffordable for most.  As getting those tests done is also a cost to the traveller.  I won't be able to fly to Canada because of the extra costs involved.  Last night I worked out that the only way I'd be able to do it will be to travel to a third party country first and stay there for 14 days.  Ethiopia Airlines operate regular flights from South Africa (one of the very few carriers who are flying out of South Africa), and if one shows a negative Covid 19 test that was taken within 120 hours prior to travel, then there is no need to be quarantined in Ethiopia.  (or so it looks from their requirements Website). But of course staying in Ethiopia is costly and maybe even risky from a Covid 19 point of view. But OK one can then stay over in  Ethiopia for 14 days, and travel on the 15th day to Toronto.  Once there one will have to be tested again (I assume additional cost), stay in a hotel for 3 days (additional cost), then "supervised" self-quarantine for 14 additional days (also additional cost with ordering things in or doing it according to strict supervised rules).  Guess I'll wait until it's easier to travel.  Canada cautions all of its citizens and residents not to travel internationally or even domestically inter-provincially unless absolutely necessary.  Which obviously makes great sense as well in the current circumstances.

(04-07-2021, 03:13 AM)tbelldesignco Wrote: Yes correct, both Canada and Mexico are baring travelers from the US unless they quarantine for 14 days and have a negative test. I honestly do not blame them, folks here are wildly reckless.

OK got it.  So the rest of the world has to suffer too.  Tongue  Just imagine the Public Health cost tab as well as RCMP and other agencies that are involved.  Has to be a massive program with plenty of new job opportunities.  But yes, it must be effective as if one calculates the number of cases as a percentage of total population, US is still far ahead in numbers.  In defense of the US however, it must be much more difficult to manage 331 million US citizens as hands-on as Canada with only 37 million Canadians.  I checked and total cases out of the above populations are:  US - 32 million cases out of 331 million population (9.4%); Mexico - 2.2 million out of 129 million (1.6%) and Canada 1 million out of 37 million (2.7%).  Wow, I'm surprised.  If total cases are worked out as a percentage of total population, then Canada comes second after US ahead of Mexico. I somehow thought Mexico was in a real bad situation but it compares well with Canada. South Africa has 1.2 million cases out of total population of 58 million (2 %). If the stats are true of course, as possibly stats in US and Canada would be more reliable, like tests are more readily available and many more tests are taken than in third world countries. 

Seeing Canada has so much invested in this program wise, I wonder how long it is going to take for Canada to offer vaccination (at cost) to those entering the country as a requirement particularly for returning residents and citizens.  Even if Air Lines could offer vaccination, would make it a great value added feature with plenty of bragging rights.  Tongue
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - by deanhills - 04-07-2021, 08:22 PM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by sagher - 01-18-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by fChk - 01-19-2021, 06:12 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Do you need a vaccine? - by pqhosting - 07-06-2021, 11:57 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tbelldesignco - 07-06-2021, 01:28 PM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by sagher - 07-07-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tryp4vps - 07-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting