arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally?
(04-07-2021, 08:22 PM)deanhills Wrote: Agreed @mzltest  I once clicked on a TV program where there was an interview with Emirates Airlines and the Dubai International Airport Manager.  And they mentioned the issue of having universal standards that make sense for every one.  All one has to do is Google it and it's like a Tower of Babylon different requirements for different countries.  Must be tough on the airport assistants when one checks in.  But who knows, maybe they have it covered electronically with flags and links to the country's Website requirements.

Still.  It must be making things more complicated and more expensive.  Also very confusing.  It's making air travel almost unaffordable for most.  As getting those tests done is also a cost to the traveller.  I won't be able to fly to Canada because of the extra costs involved.  Last night I worked out that the only way I'd be able to do it will be to travel to a third party country first and stay there for 14 days.  Ethiopia Airlines operate regular flights from South Africa (one of the very few carriers who are flying out of South Africa), and if one shows a negative Covid 19 test that was taken within 120 hours prior to travel, then there is no need to be quarantined in Ethiopia.  (or so it looks from their requirements Website). But of course staying in Ethiopia is costly and maybe even risky from a Covid 19 point of view. But OK one can then stay over in  Ethiopia for 14 days, and travel on the 15th day to Toronto.  Once there one will have to be tested again (I assume additional cost), stay in a hotel for 3 days (additional cost), then "supervised" self-quarantine for 14 additional days (also additional cost with ordering things in or doing it according to strict supervised rules).  Guess I'll wait until it's easier to travel.  Canada cautions all of its citizens and residents not to travel internationally or even domestically inter-provincially unless absolutely necessary.  Which obviously makes great sense as well in the current circumstances.
Yeah we too.We are also advised not to travel abroad and the people who want to return here also need to be tested negative and require arranged quarantine in selected places (often hotels or something.I don't quite know the situation).And if you search in Twitter you will find many international students asking a chance to comeback.

Quote:Seeing Canada has so much invested in this program wise, I wonder how long it is going to take for Canada to offer vaccination (at cost) to those entering the country as a requirement particularly for returning residents and citizens.  Even if Air Lines could offer vaccination, would make it a great value added feature with plenty of bragging rights.  Tongue
Not very realistic until vaccine is muture enough to offer effective one-shot kinds but I've heard this is in development.And the safety and how to make the site assures compliance is a good goal to achieve.But good idea Smile
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .

Messages In This Thread
RE: How effective are vaccines for stopping the spread of Covid 19 globally? - by mzltest - 04-08-2021, 09:48 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by sagher - 01-18-2021, 05:43 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by fChk - 01-19-2021, 06:12 AM
RE: Coronavirus/COVID-19 UK Variant - by tiwil - 01-19-2021, 09:45 AM
Do you need a vaccine? - by pqhosting - 07-06-2021, 11:57 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tbelldesignco - 07-06-2021, 01:28 PM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by sagher - 07-07-2021, 05:25 AM
RE: Do you need a vaccine? - by tryp4vps - 07-07-2021, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting