arrow_upward

Poll: What's your COVID-19 vaccination status?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Fully vaccinated (2 shots)
17.65%
Vaccinated (1 dose)
5.88%
Not vaccinated but waiting my turn
35.29%
Not intending to get vaccinated!
17.65%
Undecided - still thinking about it
23.53%
Total
17 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 Vaccination Status inside Post4VPS Community
@fChk  I disagree.  We have a virus that is fighting against herd immunity by developing new variants all of the time. I agree with one scientist here in South Africa who at the time when the South African new variant was uncovered, said that the virus is more clever than the scientists studying it. There is a good chance that maybe down the line those who have become vaccinated will have to get a completely new shot to protect themselves against new variants of the virus. What is very important for me to note is that those vaccinated can still be asymptomatic and infect others.  Another important fact for me is those who have been vaccinated may be under the illusion that they are immune after vaccination, they have this false expectation that they do not need to take precautions any longer.  They don't realize that there is a percentage chance that there has been zero immune response which means they aren't protected - the vaccination didn't take.  How do they know whether the vaccination has taken?  

Bottom line for me.  Vaccination doesn't work 100%.  It's not like a measles vaccination, where you get the shot and you know you're protected. It varies in percentages and PROVIDED you had a good reaction to the vaccination.  You may not react at all and be very vulnerable.  Even if 65% of the population has been vaccinated only a proportion of that 65% may have had an immune reaction, and for a specific variant only.  And a specific period of time only.  As like with the measles example.  You don't get to be protected for years on end.  Maybe not even a year.  Scientists haven't got the booster shot thing sorted out either.  Some say 6 months.  

I can't see herd immunity happening soon because of the changes in variants, but even more importantly because the effects of the vaccination have not been properly researched yet.  They seem to be making it up sometimes as they go along, treating people in the street like me like a member of a "herd".  While they are testing different vaccinations and the "herd" being treated as test cases.  I think this whole issue has also been taken out of the hands of public health and become too much politicized to the detriment of fighting this virus.  Each country deals with it differently.  I don't think the world is even near out of the woods yet.  I'm not saying I'll never take a flu shot, but for me personally they're experimenting out there. Technically all of those vaccinated are test cases.  Now if I see something happening for the longer term, I may change my mind, but for now I think there isn't enough scientific research for the effect of vaccines and its longevity.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19 Vaccination Status inside Post4VPS Community - by deanhills - 06-06-2021, 06:48 AM
Did you get the Vaccine? - by LightDestory - 06-28-2021, 08:52 PM
RE: Did you get the Vaccine? - by Littlemaster - 06-29-2021, 04:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting