arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome advert frustration! Chrome alternatives?
Feedback following the suggestions earlier on for adding extensions to browsers.  

I've been using Ghostery with Mozilla Firefox, and Chrome without Ghostery so I have something to compare.  I can see a big difference between the two.  Also very easy and user friendly to install the Ghostery, which for me means it's very popular.  There's even a Ghostery App for Android.  

I like it with Ghostery that it's not too invasive and very uncomplicated.  Like sometimes the blockers can be almost as irritating as the ads themselves, but Ghostery seems to be on auto and you only need to check through the settings once.  There is also sufficient explanation in the settings for you to actually understand what they are there for, and what disabled or enabled would mean of any given setting in the bigger picture.

I could probably do more.  But for now I'm OK.  I'm working mostly with Mozilla Firefox (80% of the time) and Google Chrome occasionally (20% of the time), so I can compare the two.  Eventually I'll load Ghostery on Chrome as well.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chrome advert frustration! Chrome alternatives? - by deanhills - 06-19-2021, 05:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LightDestory
04-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting