arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome advert frustration! Chrome alternatives?
(06-20-2021, 06:01 AM)mzltest Wrote: Seems Ghostry is somehow a anti-tracking browser and in early times (when I was using my old Android 4.0.3) there is also a browser called InBrowser that features tracking protection.
For me I was using via (mark.via) on my android as my primary browser as I prefer lightweight and using its built-in ad rules.And the most annoying part is adblock detection and just wondering any plugin can block this?

True.  But not aggressively anti-tracking.  For example, it picked up tracking on post4vps Forum and it appeared subtly (instead of rubbing it under one's nose) as a number on the right hand side of the page.  You can then click on three degrees of anti tracking.  Of course I don't touch this at post4vps as I feel I have to be loyal to the page.  If I should land on a Website however that I'm visiting and planning to spend time reading through articles, I'd probably click on one of the options.  So far I haven't done that yet.

A habit I've been using for a long time is to clean all cookies etc after every search.  With Mozilla Firefox it's easy to have an option for all cookies etc to be purged when one exits the browser, but with Chrome, unless one signs in every time, one needs to clean up cookies before one exits the browser.  Purging cookies of course doesn't take care of tracking, as when I use the browser the next time, Google intuitively knows what my interests are. To be honest, for me Google has become malware in its own right.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chrome advert frustration! Chrome alternatives? - by deanhills - 06-20-2021, 01:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LightDestory
04-18-2020, 01:48 PM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting