RAM: 8 GB
IP Addresses: 1x IPv4 & 3 IPv6
Virtualization: OpenVZ
Monthly Traffic: 4 TB
Control Panel: Ask Admin
Connection: 1Gbps
Provided by: VirMach
Terms: TOS
Requirements: Backlinks to VirMach and Post4VPS are required.

System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 2401.000 MHz
Memory          : 8192 MB
Swap            : 0 MB
Uptime          : 16:28,
OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Arch            : i686 (32 Bit)
Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab127.2
Hostname        : Post2Host-Seattle

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
---------------------
Your public IPv4 is *********
Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        52.2MB/s
Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          10.9MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       17.6MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       50.4MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       20.8MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       27.5MB/s
Tokyo, Japan            Linode          14.1MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       7.86MB/s
Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         6.84MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        22.2MB/s

Disk Speed
----------
I/O (1st run)   : 193 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 87.2 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 32.0 MB/s
Average I/O     : 104.067 MB/s

I have owned this VPS since I joined Post4VPS in 2016. I got this VPS on my first giveaway. It was really good by then, I used to run my game server and everything on it. Then I decided I needed a Windows server so I changed it to VPS 6 as I can remember. It had 4GB RAM but the connection to the VPS horrible so I dropped after a few months then went back to VPS 9.

I actually have been having a lot of downtimes since 2018. I had a few downtimes in 2017 but they were manageable. The saddest part of owning this VPS was the fact that it had no panel. When the server got randomly shut down I had to send a lot of messages to Dynamo and other administrators. I even suggested that we should get a panel to boot and shutdown. This never happened in the past two years and I have lost hope. I am deciding to drop this VPS 9 soon. Looking at other reviews of other people posted and it seems my VPS has lower specifications than them, which is sad and that means not all of VPS 9 on Post4VPS are equal. I wish my VPS did not create these huge problems. My VPS 9 has been down since eighth of March, meaning it was down for nine days. I used Twitter to contact Post4VPS but my VPS was turned on just today.

My rating for VPS 9 is one out of ten. One point is for the specifications and allowing me to run my stuff. I no longer like this VPS and good luck to anyone getting it in Seattle location. I have backed up my stuff and no longer trust storing my stuff on it.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
(03-17-2018, 11:49 AM)Golden Wrote: System Info
-----------
Processor       : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 2401.000 MHz
Memory          : 8192 MB
Swap            : 0 MB
Uptime          : 16:28,
OS              : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
Arch            : i686 (32 Bit)
Kernel          : 2.6.32-042stab127.2
Hostname        : Post2Host-Seattle

Something is wrong here. It is a 8GB RAM VPS. It is a waste of resource if you install a 32 bit OS on it. You should at least install a 64 bit OS to fully use the RAM available.

And sad to hear your bad experience about downtimes. But my experience with my VPS 9 is very different from yours and is far more positive.

You should install 64bit os to utilize all of its ram also can you tell me do they provide reinstall panel or reboot panel as of now ?
@Golden I'm sorry you had all these hassles with VPS 9. I compared your system specs with mine and they're the same. Difference is the location and your OS. Have you pinged your IP to check latency with your ISP?

I also agree with Deep Saha. Are you sure you have the best OS for optimum use of your specs? I'm on CentoS 6.9 64 bit.

I don't have a problem with not having a panel. One can do almost everything except reload the OS. With Perry turnaround in support requests is as fast as lightning. Why not give your Server 9 another try before you give up. Not sure whether this is possible, but if the location is a very serious problem, maybe you could ask for it to be changed?

BTW - here's a FreeVPS.us review of a 512 MB RAM VirMach VPS. May be interesting to check it out:
https://freevps.us/thread-18779.html

OS that is used is Debian 8 64 bit Location is Chicago. The user gives a rating of 9/10 for the VPS.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Thank you for your review! Hmm in the future maybe i should move vps from vps 1 to vps 9 but i must think much which vps which has many core processor and ssd big

Best forever

But are you not wrong? Installing 32 bit Oss on Vps that is dedicated to 64 bit?
Terminal
Solo Developer
VPS-9 is awesome and smooth running VPS. only one thing i really wish the virtual control panel. which has correctly shown usage load of cpu and ram. monthly b/w. and option to reinstall OS. also a serial console if something wrong with ssh.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(04-18-2018, 06:42 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: Thank you for your review! Hmm in the future maybe i should move vps from vps 1 to vps 9 but i must think much which vps which has many core processor and ssd big
Most important part is to do one's research before one competes for a VPS.  Find out the IP of the location of the VPS and ping it so you can see how your ISP networks with the location.  Location can be a serious issue and make a big difference.  Specs help however.  Like if the latency of the location is weak (i.e. your ISP takes long to reach the location and back) if the specs of your VPS are large and you have big RAM then the effect becomes more subtle.  It's always better to test before you compete for the VPS.  Even if you have to wait until a next Giveaway to compete again.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Well i already using vps 9 for almost a year and doesnt get any that shutdown problem . And for me i dont need panel a lot even my website run on terminal no panel needed . But doing my website with no panel require understanding cli and it is much harder than cli for most people but i already get used too

for me the vps9 worked great . By the way great job for releasing a review that fast . I need 1 month to make a review
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(04-20-2018, 09:05 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: Well i already using vps 9 for almost a year and doesnt get any that shutdown problem . And for me i dont need panel a lot even my website run on terminal no panel needed . But doing my website with no panel require understanding cli and it is much harder than cli for most people but i already get used too

for me the vps9 worked great . By the way great job for releasing a review that fast . I need 1 month to make a review

Exactly, on July 2018 my VPS 9 and PirateHosting's 1st Anniversary. I haven't face any single downtime my VPS 9 location is Dallas, yeah just got suspends due to overloaded but thanks to the @Dynamo who provide me another chances.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

32-bit never has been an issue. I have changed the OS on this VPS many times and it didn't stop getting shut down randomly at all.

It got shutdown when I was not running anything other than apache2 and mysql. No problems with overload.
Thank you VPSlices and Post4VPS for your beautiful VPS!
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: ikk157
08-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Last Post: humanpuff69

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting