arrow_upward

Pages (2):
VPS based on credits
Hi guys,

I want to suggest the following idea: People can only get a specific VPS if they have enough points to buy them. This way the people who contribute the most, earn the most points and get the best VPSes. The people who don't do anything, will get no points, no VPS. Simple as that. Seems fair to me. Also, if this is introduced, the points will have a actual value. Since you can buy a VPS with the points. So trading points for services, software, products is also possible then. Now it's not possible since the points aren't worth a damn.

I would love to hear your opinion about this.

Kind Regards,
Rick B.
So, instead of indirectly posting, you rather have points. Huh. Well, this would eliminate those who post the required number of posts to get a VPS in just one swing. Nice.

I like the idea of making sort of an economy with these points, but what can we offer that most people can't already do. I mean sure, you can hire for dev work and stuff, but aren't we a community that at the end of the VPS giving like a whore, we excuse yourselves to "To learn <insert some language and shit>" and ask for stuff for free? And even if, how can we make this even somewhat viable?

<sidenote>If such economy would exist if this would be voted for on, I'd be selling domains like a bitch Tongue</sidenote>
(01-14-2016, 05:39 PM)RickB Wrote: Hi guys,

I want to suggest the following idea: People can only get a specific VPS if they have enough points to buy them. This way the people who contribute the most, earn the most points and get the best VPSes. The people who don't do anything, will get no points, no VPS. Simple as that. Seems fair to me. Also, if this is introduced, the points will have a actual value. Since you can buy a VPS with the points. So trading points for services, software, products is also possible then. Now it's not possible since the points aren't worth a damn.

I would love to hear your opinion about this.

Kind Regards,
Rick B.

Currently, there is a system like this is working.
Every VPS has the same requirement 25 posts+100$ and 20 posts+50$ each month.

However, the bad is this system isn't automatic due to VPSs come from sponsors, lack of management scripts, everything is processed by hands ;/
VIP Linux VPS 2$/month (25$/year 60$/2 years)
1 GB RAM 20 GB Storage 500 GB Bandwidth(50Mbit) 1 core 1 IPv4 1 IPv6
facebook.com/SnoOpyMinhThang
snoopy-xserver.com
(01-15-2016, 03:26 AM)SnoOpy Wrote: Currently, there is a system like this is working.
Every VPS has the same requirement 25 posts+100$ and 20 posts+50$ each month.

However, the bad is this system isn't automatic due to VPSs come from sponsors, lack of management scripts, everything is processed by hands ;/

I am really good with manual system to get VPS rather then automated process as automated process always lead to resource abuse anyone can request two maybe more VPS through VPN just by clicking the Auto VPS setup button, you guys must remembered what happens to Server-Verleih as one guy requested five Windows servers from different location through VPN. And earning points is not a hard task as making posts you can get sufficient points just by writing long threads and posts.

I completely disagree with you RickB, post4VPS remains Post4VPS it will not become FDC through automation and points for VPS.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
I am not talking about automation!
I just think that the users with the most valuable posts can get the best vpses. Since those posts get higher points
As i said in my above post anyone can get higher points just by making larger thread and posts or maybe quoting posts like in Cobalt host panel support thread. And for the most valuable VPS you can request any VPS available in VPS announcement if you describe the best use and meet the minimum requirements then you ll get that VPS.
+ In RickB's system.
Users can do like be active for 1 month and posted and earned $500-$600 credits in 1 month and assigned himself an VPS which will credit u $50/month then its in a sense of getting the VPS for 10-12 months after that 1 month post.

which will make the Forum more inactive and it will loose there sponsors automatically due to not being active.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

In my opinion quotes need to be excluded.

@Dynamo, you could reduce their credits if someone is not active? Or keep the requirement: some posts a month AND credits. Using credits the best VPSes will belong to the best contributers.
now also users who have more credits they only gets the VPS faster as compared to other.
 Administrator
admin@post4vps.com

This topic must be closed as it doesn't need further discussion.
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [PENDING] Uses of credits
06-06-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: deanhills
04-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Alex554

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting