arrow_upward

Poll: Is it good.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
kys
50.00%
Total
6 vote(s)
100%

* You voted for this item.

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$30 Android??? Is it good enough???
I found the Microsoft Lumia 640 and I was wondering if it was good enough for my dad cuz hes old and he needs something to make calls on since his old flip phone died.
I think its ok for someone who need this only for calls and basic functions.
(04-02-2016, 11:19 PM)bjeromin Wrote: I found the Microsoft Lumia 640 and I was wondering if it was good enough for my dad cuz hes old and he needs something to make calls on since his old flip phone died.

You realize that the Lumia is a WINDOWS NOT ANDROID phone, right?
Depending on your father's needs. Since you said he has had a flip phone, I'd recommend you to get him another one. The whole idea of unlocking a phone and pressing a touch screen compared to buttons is something older people will not understand. It is nothing to see my parents who are relatively young fail at the basic function to get to the dailer and dial a phone number with their Android phones than the hardcore monstrosity yellow like piss iDEN i580 my father had for 4+ years before the network was shut down.

If you stand by him and teach him well, the headaches are with you.
But if you do not want to bother with that with your father, then I suggest you to not do it.
For someone aged, touch screen phones can be really tricky. I would stick to a nice feature phone with a big screen so that readability is not an issue. Android has learning curve ( same goes to Windows Phone ) and people from a different generation normally struggles a bit before they masters it.
If you can get a Microsoft Lumia 640 for $30 then I think it's a really good price. Yes OS is windows but it works great unless you are a die hard Android fan (like my self). I would buy it for my self just for my social media stuff since it's a good smart phone. But if your dad have no interest in internet and stuff it might be an over kill for him.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

I doubt you will get Lumia 640 for $30 in any market. There are only a couple of cheap Lumia phones and they cost around $100 even in markets where they are offered cheap.
if the destination you buy the phone to call someone. sms someone. and just to pro social media. it was very pretty. or may be more than enough. probably for the purpose of gaming or photography may lumia 640 less suitable. if there lumia 640 is sold at a price of $ 30. you should be careful. it could be a fake product. it seems to me
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
If your looking for a basic phone, yes $30 is enough for just call or text.
I think it is good enough already because it has the basic functions everyone needs like making calls and texting etc.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-29-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: deanhills
01-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Conan
12-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Golden

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting