arrow_upward

[ADDED] Dedicated Server Board
Hey!

We already have a "Cheap" Hosting board(s) which are categorized using cheap products. But it looks like we need Dedicated server section too because as a hosting provider, I MAY provide dedicated server too and I will post about it which will increase post count hence, beneficial for our community.

To regulate the rising price of the dedicated servers, it should be limited to max $100 if you want to add the "Cheap" tag.

Let's see.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
@dean
I think manal is proposing to create a cheap Dedi board. He is not saying he will sponsor one here for free.
I'm kinda groggy from sleep. So i may be mistaken.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(06-30-2019, 11:18 PM)rudra Wrote: @dean
I think manal is proposing to create a cheap Dedi board. He is not saying he will sponsor one here for free.
I'm kinda groggy from sleep. So i may be mistaken.

You're right @rudra - I was also groggy from sleep.  I got it wrong and deleted my comment.

@Manal.  I think it's a great suggestion and easy to add.  I've gone ahead and created it, and asked @Dynamo if he has any objection to it.  So technically it's in "draft" pending feedback from @Dynamo, but you can go ahead and create a thread if you have something already in mind.

I've added the same rules as for the VPS Forum, however I'm not quite sure what dollar value cap we should set for a cheap server.  I put $25 or less.  Or should it be more?  Can you please have a look at the rules and then let us know here if you have any further suggestions or feedback about the new sub-forum.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@dean
i see atom systems as cheap servers on kimsufi. there are arm systems elsewhere too. Wonder how people will respond to raspberry pi systems. ha ha

yeah, it happens to the best and most cautious of us, mate ! But then, I think this was the instance when it did ! he he
Brain farts are normal....
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(07-01-2019, 02:43 AM)rudra Wrote: Wonder how people will respond to raspberry pi systems. ha ha
True. @"Hidden Refuge" I seem to recall has loads of experience. But even in jest you've made a good point. There are servers and servers - however for the purpose of the Forum I guess we could use a dollar maximum number and possibly any server will do including raspberries. Let's hear what @Manal thinks of this.
Terminal
I would suggest you to max the limit to $75 which should be reasonable for high specs servers too.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
(07-01-2019, 05:46 AM)Manal Wrote: I would suggest you to max the limit to $75 which should be reasonable for high specs servers too.
OK thanks for your feedback @Manal. I'll take this up with @Dynamo.
Terminal
@Dynamo has approved the suggestion with appreciation to @Manal and agrees with the cap of 75$ or less for the new Cheap Server Providers' forum.  Have made the necessary updates to the Forum rules.

Since the suggestion has been approved, am closing the thread.  Feel free to open a new thread if there is further feedback or a new suggestion.
Terminal
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
04-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Last Post: deanhills
09-11-2017, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Dynamo

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting