arrow_upward

Pages (4):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone knows how to make game servers popular?
Hey members of  this forum,

Anyone knows how to make game servers popular than before I want to host my own game servers on My VPS no matter whatever it is new or old neither it don't have good game modes but  I want to have good players to join my servers who can scrim or role playing.
Please reply back to me here if you have any clues about this.
In my opinion if you want to get players you should start thread about your server on popular gaming forums, add server on servers list websites. Its free and you always have chance that someone will start playing on your server.
Well if you want to start gameservers first you should know what to host , for example you will host CS 1.6 or SAMP or everything that comes into your mind so first you will think about if CS is populary nowdays and how manny requirements are there.After a periode you will see if CS is really worthy to give a try with hosting it or not.Same thing goes for SAMP or any game that you will host , for example SAMP is very popular and still wanted nowdays and there are alot of scripters which really want a SAMP server but cannot afford it so.In this way you can make your gameservers popular first giving couple of servers for free then with paid and so on.
Thank you CubeData and Post4VPS
Depends in what gameserver are you trying to host, also it really depends in how much time and money you're going to invest in the server, also using a unique/enjoyable gamemode and inviting your friends to create a small playerbase will help you in growing the playerbase. On a side note, even if your gamemode is enjoyable, no one will know about your server till you properly advertise it in community forums, and as well you should invite your friends, and advertise it in social media groups that's dedicated for the game you're hosting, steam groups also.
You can make an ads in Facebook but of course you will cost $$$.
(04-11-2017, 05:36 PM)Vuluts Wrote: You can make an ads in Facebook but of course you will cost $$$.

Facebook ads are good if you have money, because they are specified for everyone and someone who likes this game will see advertisement about server.
I think the best and free method is to make game playing videos and upload it to YouTube and promote your server there.
(04-16-2017, 12:33 PM)Dudi Wrote: I think the best and free method is to make game playing videos and upload it to YouTube and promote your server there.

yea thats right
or try to advert on gameserver forums..
if you have samp server then you have to pay for host tab to make your server popular :c

Thanks to @Post4VPS & @Racknerd for Providing thier : VPS 2

one of the best way to promote game server is to go to that game specific forum / group
for example i used to play and have minecraft server and i promote it on minecraft group in facebook and people start playing on my server and that way it is sort of effective way . try it

you can do it on facebook / reddit / and many more social media
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
You can also advertise to game list website like http://www.xtremetop100.com/ etc etc.
Pages (4):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
05-02-2021, 01:45 AM
Last Post: mzltest
04-30-2021, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Sn1F3rt
06-22-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Honey

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting