arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are free VPN services dangerous?
we are usually attracted to free things but free vpn doesn't  cut it for me since anyone can start a free vpn service and if you are using one chances are it is owned by the same people you should be protecting yourself from
There are risk on using what we called "FREE" services, as they were "FREE" we can't guaranteed a good services and it can cause problem to users.
What you think about openvps which was created by you on your own vps. ? is it safe?
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
well.

they might help you bypass closed ports but would not trust private information.
so my answer its not dangerous but you should be concerned about it.
if you use free vps it will encrypt your data but the vpn company still can see our activity and also they can sell the inforrmation to advertiser in exchange they give you free vpn

if you want to be totally secure i reccomend using paid vpn instead . espescially if you do a lot of sensitive workload
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
@humanpuff69 how about if the vpn company have a policy, so our activity is not seeing and monitored by that company? how about it? , are you trust them? , and I Agree With @Vuluts , and i think in my opinion not all free vpn provider are not good , some free vpn provider concerned about security , but like @Vuluts said it is "Free"
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
I just do not recommend them at all. If you are paying for VPN service, then the best choice is to get a VPS instead of a VPN service. About free you can't just easily find it out but the most you can do is to look at the history of the provider.
(12-13-2017, 01:22 AM)jfýkgky Wrote: we are usually attracted to free things but free vpn doesn't  cut it for me since anyone can start a free vpn service and if you are using one chances are it is owned by the same people you should be protecting yourself from

Everything does not work well for you. I suggest you use a proxy instead of vpn to change ip
(12-17-2017, 08:38 AM)Arkiven4 Wrote: @humanpuff69 how about if the vpn company have a policy, so our activity is not seeing and monitored by that company? how about it? , are you trust them? , and I Agree With @Vuluts , and i think in my opinion not all free vpn provider are not good , some free vpn provider concerned about security , but like @Vuluts said it is "Free"

some have policy but i still dont belive a free vpn that totally 100% dont get the user data because if they dont get the data that they can sell to advertiser they can get money from providing you a free vpn . free vpn also most of the time is notoriously slow and unreiable . if you want a secure i still recccomend a paid one espescially iff you do a sensitive workload like banking on a public wifi
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(12-24-2017, 10:50 AM)humanpuff69 Wrote: some have policy but i still dont belive a free vpn that totally 100% dont get the user data because if they dont get the data that they can sell to advertiser they can get money from providing you a free vpn . free vpn also most of the time is notoriously slow and unreiable . if you want a secure i still recccomend a paid one espescially iff you do a sensitive workload like banking on a public wifi

That is correct, though even a VPS with 128 MB would work for VPN, and will work much better than a free VPN.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Last Post: xdude
07-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting