arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free shared hosting?
i searched a lot for a good free web hosting, for a small project but i find nothing, i find one in the past which the one by @Manal but he stop the free project providers now i'm looking for one any suggestion?
Watch this beauty till the end..

LNB Hosting from one of our sponsors, @Pacific Spirit, should be your choice.

Check out his LNB Hosting offer thread at https://post4vps.com/Thread-LNB-Hosting-...a-Group-NL.

You can rely on them, I've had a hosting package with them before, really nice.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
There is Gigarocket shared hosting service which I have been using for years. 5GB space, 50GB monthly Bandwidth, 10 Databases and 10 FTP account. Also they do offer latest cPanel, free SSL with Let's Encrypt and some sort of DDOS Protection too. If you want to run couple of small sites it's more than enough. All you have to do is make 10 quality one time posts in their forum. I haven't had any trouble for a long time.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(07-16-2019, 05:50 AM)xdude Wrote: There is Gigarocket shared hosting service which I have been using for years. 5GB space, 50GB monthly Bandwidth, 10 Databases and 10 FTP account. Also they do offer latest cPanel, free SSL with Let's Encrypt and some sort of DDOS Protection too. If you want to run couple of small sites it's more than enough. All you have to do is make 10 quality one time posts in their forum. I haven't had any trouble for a long time.

Interesting with Gigarocket, I thought its service is discontinued, all of them. Just checked Dean's thread, VPS only. Anyway, I looked at the Free Hosting package, here, I see free domain there, is it subdomain or TLD? I don't get the info there actually.
(07-16-2019, 06:42 AM)tiwil Wrote: Interesting with Gigarocket, I thought its service is discontinued, all of them. Just checked Dean's thread, VPS only. Anyway, I looked at the Free Hosting package, here, I see free domain there, is it subdomain or TLD? I don't get the info there actually.
Definitely not a TLD. It's a sub-domain. The hosting is excellent, however like with the VPSs, with free hosting it's always a risk. The likelihood that GigaRocket will give up is remote, but at the same time it is also a real possibility. The owner may rethink the cost involved with the server and licenses. cPanel license with Softaculous on top of it is very expensive.

The standard of posts is very high, so make sure you make 10 quality posts that count and add value. Once you've made the 10 posts, then you don't have to worry any longer, except just check in when there is a cleanup of accounts. Gigarocket periodically does cleanups, and hosted members then need to indicate whether they want to keep their hosting account.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(07-16-2019, 07:03 AM)deanhills Wrote: Definitely not a TLD. It's a sub-domain. The hosting is excellent, however like with the VPSs, with free hosting it's always a risk.

The standard of posts is very high, so make sure you make 10 quality posts that count and add value. Once you've made the 10 posts, then you don't have to worry any longer, except just check in when there is a cleanup of accounts. Gigarocket periodically does cleanups, and hosted members then need to indicate whether they want to keep their hosting account.

Thanks for the clarification, they didn't put the detail (or I actually misread and didn't notice they put "subdomain" there.)

Anyway, I would stick to LNB Hosting, we all know, LNB Hosting is an, not very, old player, but I know I can count on them. LNB Hosting closed years ago because their servers crashed (or something else, I forgot), but I, as LNB Hosting users, was moved to Jordy's main company, Hostlease. I got a package where it will cost around €20 or €200 (I forgot) for a year, free, as a compensation to me.
@Melvin why you don't use your VPS for web-host?I know a couple of free webhost providers but i am not satisfied with them.I will suggest you to use your VPS.
btw if you want to test you can check https://khanwebhost.com

Thanks to Post4VPS and Hostlease for their great services.  
Free shared hosting is much easier than free vps . But most of them use their poor panel and have many restriction and sometime ads and nag on your website

Getting vps from here and hosting web is best idea for now . Because vps is much powerfull than hosting that is shared with thousand of people and you have full control of the server but it is not as easy as cpanel
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Yeah I also lost bit of faith in Gigarocket after what happened with free vps service. But I think as long as owner is running is own sites on a VPS this free hosting service will last. But Dean and I both had another bad experience with another free hosting service which used to be a solid provider. So far I haven't had a problem with Gigarocket so I'm keeping my few sites there. But I do take regular backups and ready for anything. After all when it comes to free hosting, you always have to be ready to move your sites somewhere else no matter how good the provider is. It's a universal thing.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

You can run a website on your VPS. Once you get a VPS from P4V, you can install CentOS Web Panel and continue with it. I recommend it to anyone who is willing to host a website with ONLY a VPS.
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
07-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: deanhills
04-28-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: deanhills

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting