arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best self-hosted website builder
Hello there,

First things first, apologies if someone has posted anything related to this before, there are tons of topics making it hard to search it up... especially on mobile. So if such a post already exists, please do let me know.

I have been assigned a project to build and design my own website on anything. It needs to be advanced with several pages, buttons, you name it. And it has to include html, css and JS.

However, I currently don’t have the time to hard-code it from scratch. So I was wondering if there are any site builders that I can self-host on my VPS. All the ones I’ve found are hosted within the builder’s servers.

I’ve tried Wordpress and joomla, but they seem awfully complicated and I honestly don’t think they’re really intended to be used as a site builder. And googling only comes up with the site builders that host the sites on their servers (the ones described above).

And hence I need your generous help as soon as possible!

Thanks in advance.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
I do remember softaculous, by which we were able to create websites in our servers especially in cpanel.
You can find some information from the link provided below.
https://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/remote
I liked their service, but we need to select which script we need to install.
If you need just a static website, you can search for html templates in google. You will get even free templates.

Thank you  Sweet

(02-16-2020, 04:43 PM)Littlemaster Wrote: I do remember softaculous, by which we were able to create websites in our servers especially in cpanel.
You can find some information from the link provided below.
https://www.softaculous.com/softaculous/remote
I liked their service, but we need to select which script we need to install.
If you need just a static website, you can search for html templates in google. You will get even free templates.

Softaculous is just a software installer, not much of a site builder. I don’t want to use templates because those will be a pain to modify, and I don’t have time for that.

I’m looking for a simple site builder that allows me to drag and drop different elements and edit them within a graphical interface. Something like zyro but for free.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
the easiest way is to use service that already include the builder like wix, squarespace , weebly , sitebeat etc

but they have limitation espescially on the free account like no custom domain and feature limit .

if your website is very basic and what you want is just to build the website it is reccomended
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
(02-18-2020, 02:17 PM)humanpuff69 Wrote: the easiest way is to use service that already include the builder like wix, squarespace , weebly , sitebeat etc

but they have limitation espescially on the free account like no custom domain and feature limit .

if your website is very basic and what you want is just to build the website it is reccomended

As I’ve mentioned in the main post, I want something that I can host on my own VPS. Those services you mentioned force you to have it hosted on their servers, and the fact I can’t even use my own domain with a free account makes matters even worse. Not really what I’m looking for, but thanks for the suggestion.
(02-18-2020, 02:20 PM)ikk157 Wrote: As I’ve mentioned in the main post, I want something that I can host on my own VPS. Those services you mentioned force you to have it hosted on their servers, and the fact I can’t even use my own domain with a free account makes matters even worse. Not really what I’m looking for, but thanks for the suggestion.

I know a cheaper-but-illegal way to have a "self-hosted" site builder which you may not call it "self-hosted".
Make a free Weebly website. Download the content using HTTRack and edit a few lines in the template removing the watermark and copyrights and upload it to your website. And wait for Weebly to issue your DC a takedown for your website :-)
Premium Web Hosting | ShadowCrypt | Manal Shaikh Official Website
If you find my post/thread useful, you're supposed to +rep me. 
Have you tried using mobirise or whatever its called? well there is something which is free if you have a student account with github and its knows as bootstrap studio i saw a friend of mine using it and the interface is awesome to say atleast. I actually don't believe in website builders it will better to build a website using bootsrap frame work on brackets then using builders. Oh well good luck with your project.
[Image: a3ad5cfbf5.png]
[Image: trk1]
(02-18-2020, 03:50 PM)Manal Wrote: I know a cheaper-but-illegal way to have a "self-hosted" site builder which you may not call it "self-hosted".
Make a free Weebly website. Download the content using HTTRack and edit a few lines in the template removing the watermark and copyrights and upload it to your website. And wait for Weebly to issue your DC a takedown for your website :-)

Haha I could totally do without that illegal mess lol! I’m not a fan of pirating stuff anyway haha... i’ll pass on this one, will cause more trouble than what I’d consider worth it.

(02-18-2020, 04:11 PM)TrK Wrote: Have you tried using mobirise or whatever its called? well there is something which is free if you have a student account with github and its knows as bootstrap studio i saw a friend of mine using it and the interface is awesome to say atleast. I actually don't believe in website builders it will better to build a website using bootsrap frame work on brackets then using builders. Oh well good luck with your project.

Great suggestion! However, getting the GitHub student developer pack is an absolute pain in the butt. I’ve already applied for it 5 different times and they’d always come up with a dumb excuse to deny my application. Not to mention that insane amount of time it takes them to review each application.

Guess I’m sorta out of luck then. I really don’t have time to do it utilizing a bootstrap framework... and hence I wanted a site builder (even though I’m not a big fan of them either, but I don’t have the option right now).

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting