arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 affecting education in countries
(08-20-2020, 10:51 AM)sAmI Wrote: Agreed, First we have to face issues of internet and other things some people do not even have internet in their areas and even 3G and 4G!......

I believe that education shall be as fair as possible for all students, no matter they are poor or rich.

So in such cases, I think the government shall sponsor those poor students who really have difficulties accessing the internet. Smile

(08-23-2020, 08:01 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I believe that education shall be as fair as possible for all students, no matter they are poor or rich.  

So in such cases, I think the government shall sponsor those poor students who really have difficulties accessing the internet.  Smile

While you're right that government should spoonsor the poor students, the problem comes when those students reside in disputed/underdeveloped areas.

E.g. in my country we have a province called Balochistan which is basically 10 years behind other provinces in technological advancements. Some students tried to create an uproar to get internet access  but were arrested instead. The government was powerless as its not possible to install new lines just because some students required internet access.

Our government has tried to accomodate the students in one way though, in the staged rollout proposed by the goverment, first priority was given to  students from such areas where internet is not easily available.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
Seems like goverment has decided to open up colleges and schools and universities by 15 September, As soon there is a decline in cases. The most weird thing is that, Not alot of testing is being done, No one is wearing masks and literally NO ONEEE AT ALLLL, I can clearly say that we are in already in second wave. They are now sending students for trial basis if there is a increase in cases they will close it, Like isn't this weird? Sending students almost in the mouth of death! And literally how they are gonna manage SOPs in school vans? How they are actually gonna maintain distance in VAN, In class it can be done what about when the students will go outside in Off time, I'm honestly scared about it.
I would love to hear your opinion about it!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(08-24-2020, 07:06 AM)Honey Wrote: While you're right that government should spoonsor the poor students, the problem comes when those students reside in disputed/underdeveloped areas.

E.g. in my country we have a province called Balochistan which is basically 10 years behind other provinces in technological advancements. Some students tried to create an uproar to get internet access  but were arrested instead. The government was powerless as its not possible to install new lines just because some students required internet access.

Our government has tried to accomodate the students in one way though, in the staged rollout proposed by the goverment, first priority was given to  students from such areas where internet is not easily available.

In my Country , student who live in disputed/underdeveloped/natural(village) areas is less affected by this pandemic. Before pandemic , the student don't have phone and internet access, and contact with outside area is difficult (because no road or access to this area). And After Pandemic , I believe people who live in that area have lower chance to be infected with Covid-19 because the area is isolated naturally, and what must goverment do is increase the educational facilities, so the student can study properly
Sorry for My Bad English
I am Web Developer || Python, NodeJs, C# Programer
My Fiverr Profile
(09-16-2020, 07:55 AM)Arkiven4 Wrote: In my Country , student who live in disputed/underdeveloped/natural(village) areas is less affected by this pandemic. Before pandemic , the student don't have phone and internet access, and contact with outside area is difficult (because no road or access to this area). And After Pandemic , I believe people who live in that area have lower chance to be infected with Covid-19 because the area is isolated naturally, and what must goverment do is increase the educational facilities, so the student can study properly

Actually you did not fully grasp my point. What I meant to say was they were effected by the side effects of coronavirus not by the virus itself xD

Yes people living in rural areas have better chances of not getting infected however if they do get infected they also have lesser chances of survival incase it gets serious because of no proper Healthcare services present in those areas. So in the end if even one person gets infected In a village he has potential to infect the whole village because nobody really wears masks as they have not received the instructions/precautions as we did.
After a really really long time i would be bumping up this thread, I would honestly like to know whats the current stage of education institutions in your country since vaccine is *kindof* available whats step has been done by goverment towards the education sector.

In Pakistan,
The colleges and schools reopened from Jan 18 and is now going on Alternate days. I'm in college so first years come on Monday and Wednesday and Friday and 2nd years comes on Tuesday and Thursday. Universities also opened from 1st Feb but most of the Universities hasn't opened their campus and decided to keep it online because they are able to call the students in large amount and cannot do the alternate days method. But since the vaccine is here and the positivity ratio has dropped to 3.1% so most of the universities will open from March. But the colleges are hiding the COVID Cases so they wont get closed, Even in my class few students contracted the virus and the teachers and the principal just said there is no such thing as COVID.... *duh*
So i want to know what is going around in other parts of the world!

Regards,
sAmI

(02-25-2021, 12:32 AM)sAmI Wrote: After a really really long time i would be bumping up this thread, I would honestly like to know whats the current stage of education institutions in your country since vaccine is *kindof* available whats step has been done by goverment towards the education sector.

In Pakistan,
The colleges and schools reopened from Jan 18 and is now going on Alternate days. I'm in college so first years come on Monday and Wednesday and Friday and 2nd years comes on Tuesday and Thursday. Universities also opened from 1st Feb but most of the Universities hasn't opened their campus and decided to keep it online because they are able to call the students in large amount and cannot do the alternate days method. But since the vaccine is here and the positivity ratio has dropped to 3.1% so most of the universities will open from March. But the colleges are hiding the COVID Cases so they wont get closed, Even in my class few students contracted the virus and the teachers and the principal just said there is no such thing as COVID.... *duh*
So i want to know what is going around in other parts of the world!

Regards,
sAmI

Same, I'm currently in University and our uni wanted to take final exams in January, hoever they tried their best but were forced to postpone till 1st Feb. Our exams are now finally over and our uni will be starting the next semester from 1st March, however the daily case stats and positivity ratio shows that coronavirus is basically little to non eistant right now, we are averaging around 1000 cases rn, which are not less but very minimal compared to other countries especially in Europe/USA
(02-25-2021, 09:54 AM)Honey Wrote: Same, I'm currently in University and our uni wanted to take final exams in January, hoever they tried their best but were forced to postpone till 1st Feb. Our exams are now finally over and our uni will be starting the next semester from 1st March, however the daily case stats and positivity ratio shows that coronavirus is basically little to non eistant right now, we are averaging around 1000 cases rn, which are not less but very minimal compared to other countries especially in Europe/USA

1000 cases is still enough, Pakistan closed their education sectors like when there was a single COVID case and now they are opening it for all on all DAYS! Today news is that they are going to open regular classes for 5 DAYS WHICH IS WERIDDD, My college campus is really small even on alternate days there are so many students! 1000 cases per day is still alot if you see. There was really like non existent where only like 400-500 cases were averaging in like whole country.
I'm not sure like the situation is still not certain and they are taking these steps. Literally, We could DIE EVEN!

(02-25-2021, 01:49 PM)sAmI Wrote: 1000 cases is still enough, Pakistan closed their education sectors like when there was a single COVID case and now they are opening it for all on all DAYS! Today news is that they are going to open regular classes for 5 DAYS WHICH IS WERIDDD, My college campus is really small even on alternate days there are so many students! 1000 cases per day is still alot if you see. There was really like non existent where only like 400-500 cases were averaging in like whole country.
I'm not sure like the situation is still not certain and they are taking these steps. Literally, We could DIE EVEN!

Well the thing is, initially Pakistan did close their education because they were scared of the new virus and didn't know its effect fully. A year has passed and we've seen that while Coronavirus is deadly indeed, the cases have somewhat stabilized for the past few months and slowly going down as well, which is why I think the government is more confident that opening schools will not effect the coronavirus stats too much.

That of course can change in summers, but we will see to that once summer arrives. But the government is trying to utilize this time to open everything and try to bring everything back to the way it was before.
(02-26-2021, 12:57 PM)Honey Wrote: (...) But the government is trying to utilize this time to open everything and try to bring everything back to the way it was before.
This is so delicious that I can't miss the opportunity to comment on it!

_RANT_ON

Governments who think they can go back to pre-2020 'way of life' are clueless to what just happened in front of our collective eyes...

Folks! 2020 was the year the 21st century started not 2000!.. We got twenty years to start getting warmed up to... this!.. and THIS is OUR NEW NORMAL.

Governments -sleeping at the wheel- should wake up!.. This is IT!.. A long chain of disrupting changes are coming your way!.. just try to keep up!

_RANT_OFF
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting