arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 43rd Giveaway
@F7N

Even without the speed factor VPS15 is great with all other specs like RAM, 2 IPs etc. Personally I think 270GB SSD is an overkill, even for a HDD. Does the size has anything to with slowness ? I guess not. I hope you will able to find what is the problem from data center people. I use the VPS2 and it has only 15GB RAID10 space.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(04-04-2019, 04:14 AM)F7N Wrote: Hi,

About the VPS15, we indeed see that we cannot reach the speed as the SSD should be as on VPS16. And why this is happend is for me also unknown. I did last some checks and tests to see if I was able to with the network department to make the VPS15 faster as it really was. However, if we won’t reach the speeds as a SSD should do thst we will change from SSD back to HDD. I give it just one month. For the rest will there no changes applied at VPS15 like game servers or what so ever. Thanks for understanding.

^Jordy.

I want to try VPS 15 for Nemisys Server!
If Gameserver can't work properly!
And also the VPS 15 has a large storage! That's enough to use it as Backup Storage! Rather than I have to use Dropbox
Terminal
Solo Developer
(04-04-2019, 03:04 AM)xdude Wrote: @tiwil

Aww I didn't know they let you use the Windows Trial. That's a great news for anyone who wants a KVM VPS with Windows. VPS13 seems to be a good choice. Having only 1GB RAM is bit a downer but it has 2GB SWAP. Great!
They gave it! Windows from Windows Server 2008 until Windows Server 2019 is available on their Virtualizator.
And the 180 days trial is also working perfectly, no need to use keys. Anyways, this is why I was contacting you before :p
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-04-2019, 07:01 AM)xdude Wrote: Even without the speed factor VPS15 is great with all other specs like RAM, 2 IPs etc. Personally I think 270GB SSD is an overkill, even for a HDD. Does the size has anything to with slowness ? I guess not. I hope you will able to find what is the problem from data center people. I use the VPS2 and it has only 15GB RAID10 space.
I wouldn't say VPS 15 is "slow".  It's OK.  But not as fast as my VPS 9 used to be. Like it's a shame with all of its other above average specs that VPS 15 has only 100 Mbps connection speed. I think it has completely to do with the connection speed.  100 Mbps vs 1Gbps is a very big difference.  Also going from VPS 15 to 16 there is a big difference in the speed.  VPS 16 connection speed is 1Gbps.  

I think if one wants a whole lot of storage then VPS 15 would be excellent for that.  For a Gamesserver VPS 16 would be better.  However, saying that, I haven't tested VPS 15 or 16 for a games servers.  Hopefully someone will do so eventually.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-04-2019, 09:34 PM)deanhills Wrote: I wouldn't say VPS 15 is "slow".  It's OK.  But not as fast as my VPS 9 used to be. Like it's a shame with all of its other above average specs that VPS 15 has only 100 Mbps connection speed. I think it has completely to do with the connection speed.  100 Mbps vs 1Gbps is a very big difference.  Also going from VPS 15 to 16 there is a big difference in the speed.  VPS 16 connection speed is 1Gbps.  

I think if one wants a whole lot of storage then VPS 15 would be excellent for that.  For a Gamesserver VPS 16 would be better.  However, saying that, I haven't tested VPS 15 or 16 for a games servers.  Hopefully someone will do so eventually.

So VPS15 shouldn't be bad for a web server either, I guess. US Location should cater North America and Since it's in West Coast it should be fine in Asia too. So those websites which looking for US traffic or Asian traffic will have no problems. I also thought 100Mbps connection might be related to speed problem but I have seen plenty of servers with 100 Mbps connections have good speed. So I think the problem is else where. Yes, for Gameserver VPS16 is better even though it has only 1GB RAM.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

The result is about to announce i hope everyone whoever applied for the VPS applied for the best VPS as term of their usage.
Terminal
Best Regards,
Global Moderator of Post4VPS 

(04-05-2019, 05:14 PM)xdude Wrote: So VPS15 shouldn't be bad for a web server either, I guess. US Location should cater North America and Since it's in West Coast it should be fine in Asia too. So those websites which looking for US traffic or Asian traffic will have no problems. I also thought 100Mbps connection might be related to speed problem but I have seen plenty of servers with 100 Mbps connections have good speed. So I think the problem is else where. Yes, for Gameserver VPS16 is better even though it has only 1GB RAM.

web server doesnt need that low latency like game server does so server that is far is still useable for web server . it is just a few milisecond differences the most differences of loading webpage is the bandwidth . upload on the server and download on the client . and there is cloudflare or any other cdn for accelerating website . it does sped up the website and make your server eat less upload bandwidth . you cannot do that with a game server so for web server you dont need to care much about the server location like game server
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Today is the last day for applying - applications close at midnight (GMT) 7th April. The winners will be announced tomorrow.

Really sad to say there have only been two applications so far.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
only two applications. Thats a very sad affair. I see new people registering daily. Then why is it just us keep talking among ourselves and what are the other 1230 people doing ?
I also see the same 10 -15 people being active.
@deanhills
Dean. May be we should have a big sign / writing over registration page informing people about this reality and encouraging them to be active. I mean why else are people coming here and joining ?

Please also mention a date there if you decide to implement it. like...updated - date
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
(04-07-2019, 10:09 AM)deanhills Wrote: Really sad to say there have only been two applications so far.

They will absolutely win VPS 9 actually unless they're requesting for other VPS.
Even VPS 9 have 3 slots right now, but there is only 2 applicant.

I'm just hoping if anyone else wanted to apply again. I actually want the VPS 9, but it's OpenVZ! Sigh. I cannot use OpenVZ lol!
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting