arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 43rd Giveaway
(04-02-2019, 11:11 AM)tiwil Wrote: A very big giveway! What a giveaway! We have 3x VPS 9 and another VPS with total 18 VPS!
I'm enjoying my experience with VPS 13, so good luck for other!

Anyway, VPS 13 only have Singapore location right now, since I moved from Singapore to Australia last time.
And VPS 13 in Singapore uses Intel i7 instead of Intel Xeon E3 like usual server. HostDoc also gives us 2 option about harddisk, you can choose either NVMe with 30GB and HDD with 70GB. NVMe is a lot faster than HDD, but only have 30GB, I don't know if it's enough for usual user.

Also, just to note, VPS 13 support Windows 180 days trial, and for Windows users like @OldMeister and someone else, VPS 13 is pretty nice to have since it allows Windows on it. We can choose from Windows 2008 until Windows 2019, and can upload our own ISO there!

There is no other way to proof, you need to send your ID cards, e.g. driving license, national identity card, or using student card like I did. Also, you need to proof your phone number, they want to proof if it's yours, they don't care how you can do it.

I think using Student Cards is the best idea!
because they need additional Authentication if you want to use the data
Terminal
Solo Developer
(04-02-2019, 04:08 AM)chanalku91 Wrote: I want to move to VPS 14?
But are there other ways besides using ID cards?

Nope.  And to be honest.  Don't know why you are asking as @Dynamo went to a lot of trouble in the opening paragraph to emphasize how important it is.  If you check Hostdocs Website they have a big thing about saying that all hosting accounts are given top scrutiny, so it's something you'll never be able to get away from.  Even if Dynamo wanted to help you, it's completely out of his hands.  It's the condition of the sponsor that is non-negotiable.

But, why are you so preoccupied with VPS 14 when there are so many other excellent, and in some cases better quality VPSs available?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(04-02-2019, 01:35 PM)deanhills Wrote: But, why are you so preoccupied with VPS 14 when there are so many other excellent, and in some cases better quality VPSs available?

This is true, why you want VPS 14 while other VPS have bigger specs without any ID card verification?
But if @chanalku91 still want VPS from HostDoc, I highly recommend VPS 13, it have Singapore (since Australia with me already) location, gameserver enabled, same specs as VPS 14. Then what? Hahaha, @chanalku91 location also not too far away from Singapore. So the ping to his location will absolutely low.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-02-2019, 02:42 PM)tiwil Wrote: This is true, why you want VPS 14 while other VPS have bigger specs without any ID card verification?
But if @chanalku91 still want VPS from HostDoc, I highly recommend VPS 13, it have Singapore (since Australia with me already) location, gameserver enabled, same specs as VPS 14. Then what? Hahaha, @chanalku91 location also not too far away from Singapore. So the ping to his location will absolutely low.

They suck! I Only Want VPS with Read And Write Speeds That Are Super Fast! So I think VPS 14 is the best solution!
Terminal
Solo Developer
(04-02-2019, 11:27 PM)chanalku91 Wrote: They suck! I Only Want VPS with Read And Write Speeds That Are Super Fast! So I think VPS 14 is the best solution!

If you say so, VPS 13 also have NVMe 30GB like VPS 14 does (I got offered from them for this one), so it's the same for read and write speed at VPS 13 and VPS 14. You should rethink about it :p

[Image: Screenshot-20190403-102938.png]
upload image

So you cannot change, but you can choose either HDD or NVMe on VPS 13! VPS 13 also have so many benefit to your location tho.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
(04-03-2019, 02:28 AM)tiwil Wrote: If you say so, VPS 13 also have NVMe 30GB like VPS 14 does (I got offered from them for this one), so it's the same for read and write speed at VPS 13 and VPS 14. You should rethink about it :p

[Image: Screenshot-20190403-102938.png]
upload image

So you cannot change, but you can choose either HDD or NVMe on VPS 13! VPS 13 also have so many benefit to your location tho.
I moved to VPS 15!
I Think I Also Require Large Storage!
Or VPS 9
Terminal
Solo Developer
(04-02-2019, 09:37 AM)xdude Wrote: I think vps15 is the star among this lot with 270GB SSD (That's a great amount of space for SSD drive and even for normal space in a VPS. Is it really correct ?), 10TB Bandwidth and 3GB RAM. Only downside is just like with vps9 it doesn't come with a control panel......

Hmm... VPS 15 would be a star only if you want a large disk size but do not care too much about disk speed.

From the recent review written by deanhills: https://post4vps.com/thread-2832.html

The disk speed of VPS 15 is slow.

But the winner should be able to have a control panel because F7N already publicly said he allows it.

(04-03-2019, 05:45 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: But the winner should be able to have a control panel because F7N already publicly said he allows it.
Correction here. There was a miscommunication in this regard that has been clarified with the sponsor. It's still as originally stated Refer Admin with no Admin Panel.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@tiwil

Aww I didn't know they let you use the Windows Trial. That's a great news for anyone who wants a KVM VPS with Windows. VPS13 seems to be a good choice. Having only 1GB RAM is bit a downer but it has 2GB SWAP. Great!

@tryp4vps

disk speed of VPS 15 is slow ? Now that's strange since it has a SSD drive. I mean it should give faster performance than RAID or any HDD. Is it true @deanhills ?

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

Hi,

About the VPS15, we indeed see that we cannot reach the speed as the SSD should be as on VPS16. And why this is happend is for me also unknown. I did last some checks and tests to see if I was able to with the network department to make the VPS15 faster as it really was. However, if we won’t reach the speeds as a SSD should do thst we will change from SSD back to HDD. I give it just one month. For the rest will there no changes applied at VPS15 like game servers or what so ever. Thanks for understanding.

^Jordy.
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting