arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CLOSED] 49th Giveaway
49th Giveaway is almost at an end. However only one application received so far. Giveaway ends at midnight GMT. Announcement of the winner/s will be made tomorrow, 5th of October.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(10-02-2019, 01:34 PM)LightDestory Wrote: @deanhills I would like to report a discovery that I made recently, on VPS Plans and VPS Compare VPS 9 are listed as IPv6 capable but actually I can't see them. Running the following command I can see only one interface with IPv4.
ip addr show

I am missing IPs or the info about VPSes ) need to be updated?
IPv6 are not critical and are not well supported worldwide on the ISP, so they are not a must-have nowadays.
Thanks for pointing this out @LightDestory. Are you suggesting we remove the reference to IPv6 in the VPS 9 Plan?
Terminal
Well, I am currently a bit tempted to switch over VPS 9 - Seattle due to curiosity of the new KVM.

To be clear VPS 9 is really nice and powerfull but right now I am experimenting the OpenVZ limitations such as old kernel. Some developing software that I use are not well supported I have to use workaround for them.

But I am a bit insecure, I adapted myself to work with my VPS 9 OpenVZ, I don't know what will change after the upgrate to "KVM Lite" so I could need a testing period, less than 24h, to see if the switch is bearable.

@deanhills regarding the IPv6, with my VPS I am unable to see any IPv6. If some other VPS 9 holder confirms this "issue", then we can correct the specs on VPS Plan.
Thanks to Post4VPS and Bladenodefor VPS 14
2x high end VPS and from last announcement it will be converted to KVM lite . probably just KVM with less feature but newer kernel . that is what is important . now you can run software that originally doesnt work with kernel 2.6 like docker for example . and it still have the 8GB of ram and fast ssd of VPS 9
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Congratulations to the following winners of the 49th Giveaway!

VPS 17 - @Khadeer143
VPS 12 - @kabir145
VPS 6 - @Rzarcasm
Terminal
Pages (2):
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
06-15-2021, 12:15 AM
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting