Problems activating your account? Send notification email to: admin@post4vps.com
Host4Fun Budget VPS Hosting

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Closed 49th Giveaway
49th Giveaway is almost at an end. However only one application received so far. Giveaway ends at midnight GMT. Announcement of the winner/s will be made tomorrow, 5th of October.
[Image: 4ax8Kok.png]

Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my super fast VPS 9!
- DH Blog
(10-02-2019, 01:34 PM)LightDestory Wrote:  @deanhills I would like to report a discovery that I made recently, on VPS Plans and VPS Compare VPS 9 are listed as IPv6 capable but actually I can't see them. Running the following command I can see only one interface with IPv4.
ip addr show

I am missing IPs or the info about VPSes ) need to be updated?
IPv6 are not critical and are not well supported worldwide on the ISP, so they are not a must-have nowadays.
Thanks for pointing this out @LightDestory. Are you suggesting we remove the reference to IPv6 in the VPS 9 Plan?

- DH Blog
Well, I am currently a bit tempted to switch over VPS 9 - Seattle due to curiosity of the new KVM.

To be clear VPS 9 is really nice and powerfull but right now I am experimenting the OpenVZ limitations such as old kernel. Some developing software that I use are not well supported I have to use workaround for them.

But I am a bit insecure, I adapted myself to work with my VPS 9 OpenVZ, I don't know what will change after the upgrate to "KVM Lite" so I could need a testing period, less than 24h, to see if the switch is bearable.

@deanhills regarding the IPv6, with my VPS I am unable to see any IPv6. If some other VPS 9 holder confirms this "issue", then we can correct the specs on VPS Plan.
Thanks to Post4VPS and VirMach for VPS 9 - Buffalo!
2x high end VPS and from last announcement it will be converted to KVM lite . probably just KVM with less feature but newer kernel . that is what is important . now you can run software that originally doesnt work with kernel 2.6 like docker for example . and it still have the 8GB of ram and fast ssd of VPS 9
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Congratulations to the following winners of the 49th Giveaway!

VPS 17 - @Khadeer143
VPS 12 - @kabir145
VPS 6 - @Rzarcasm

- DH Blog

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CLOSED] 48th Giveaway deanhills 35 1,127 09-06-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: deanhills
Lightbulb To new members who are participating in the monthly Giveaway for the first time! deanhills 5 569 08-31-2019, 03:48 PM
  [CLOSED] 47th Giveaway deanhills 22 1,042 08-06-2019, 08:30 AM
  [CLOSED] 46th Giveaway deanhills 21 1,014 07-05-2019, 07:02 AM
  [CLOSED] 45th Giveaway deanhills 20 954 06-09-2019, 08:01 AM