arrow_upward

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] 69th Giveaway
(06-11-2021, 04:50 PM)xdude Wrote: Sometimes I have noticed for a long time is Nobody wants VPS1. Sometimes to time a new member would pick it but drop it soon. I can't blame them since I have used VPS1 several times and I can't say my experience is great. I always thought it would be great if the Sponsor could merge these VPS into 3 2GB RAM VPS or 2 3GB RAM VPS so members really would want to use these and there will be a demand. But for some reason that seems not the case.

These days we are not getting any new sponsors and for some reason, I don't see new active members either. I never thought 2nd VPS idea was not so sustainable. But with the current situation and zero demand for VPS1, I think maybe it's okay to try this 2nd VPS concept with those 6 VPS1's. Still I don't think all 6 will be taken as a 2nd vps.

I completely agree with you on this one and that's why i have came with this idea since i knew these VPSs will never be taken as first choice but maybe some people will take it as second choice.

I Dont remember that member name now but i have read somewhere one of member had said i can use VPS 1 100gb space if i get a chance and that way the resources wont be wasted and we will get to see more activity in forum.
Agree with all the respond above me. We may want to do some experiment for 3 months for selected VPS like @Decent12 said. It's great to have experiment rather than guessing what will come. If after 3 months is good then we can add more VPS and do another experiment.
Thanks to Limitless Hosting and Post4VPS for providing me excellent VPS 13!
I wish that i have one more with German location, but the problem is to post 40 count in a month, which is such a big task for me really because of busy job schedule. i recommend many friends to keep joining p4v community and enjoy with us. hope it will works. as i see forum members are mostly not active in posting except fewer.
it's two more day left of extension of time. hope all vps's auction is complete.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
(06-11-2021, 05:41 PM)Decent12 Wrote: I Dont remember that member name now but i have read somewhere one of member had said i can use VPS 1 100gb space if i get a chance and that way the resources wont be wasted and we will get to see more activity in forum.
That would be me!.. It's not so hard to find out who was it if you scroll back a bit!.. And I've also said that I'm willing to take a 2nd VPS if there aren't any more posts attached to it!..

Twenty posts are more than enough as far as I'm concerned. Post4VPS needs to reward the QUALITY for once!.. @sohamb03 proved to us all that it's not all that hard to wait till the last day of the month to line up 20 okay-ish posts by the forum's standards.

I do like the central idea in this post focusing on quality for a change (not quantity.)
(06-11-2021, 04:35 PM)tbelldesignco Wrote: I honestly would make a second one my development server. What I like about this is made part of the requirements is we have an innovation section that folks with this 2nd VPS would have to contribute at least one post a month to some sort of project they are working on using that resource that way the Sponsor gets feedback on the Plus/Deltas of their contribution and we all get to see what cool projects are being done on a more visible scale.

Something like make it a requirement to post a couple of tutorials a month (among those 20 Posts requirements) for a second VPS... That should work without any tweaking of the script. While making eligibility for a second VPS requiring a higher credit points score for example to avoid abuse.

Now, Why I did chose VPS-1?.. Simple!.. Although I'm aware of its emulated IDE-storage (causing I/O performance at the expense of high CPU usage) I did chose it for its storage capacity (which I do need) but also -and for most- because it has 6 instances and the demand on it is so low that it's always there at each and every month since I joined this community.

That's my take on this.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
Quote:Something like make it a requirement to post a couple of tutorials a month (among those 20 Posts requirements) for a second VPS... That should work without any tweaking of the script. While making eligibility for a second VPS requiring a higher credit points score for example to avoid abuse.
Thats something which cant be done by every normal member since everyone are not experts in linux/windows they just do know the basics for their needs.

Increase in posts is also important but i would suggest that out of 10 posts there should be 3 to 5 new threads which will give users more chance to post in new topics since currently most of users are posting in hobbies section just because of we get a lower number of threads and everyone posting in existing threads.
(06-12-2021, 08:18 AM)fChk Wrote: Now, Why I did chose VPS-1?.. Simple!.. Although I'm aware of its emulated IDE-storage (causing I/O performance at the expense of high CPU usage) I did chose it for its storage capacity (which I do need) but also -and for most- because it has 6 instances and the demand on it is so low that it's always there at each and every month since I joined this community.

That's my take on this.
@fChk  Small correction.  There are four instances of VPS 1 left now - not 6 any longer.  One was filled during the last Giveaway in May and another filled during the current Giveaway.  The Giveaway is still open.

Bottom line, we're short of VPSs.  It would be difficult to give a second VPS away on a long term basis, when we have a shortage of VPSs.  However, if you would need a VPS for short term, under a month from Giveaway to Giveaway, and you're a quality poster - then I'm sure Dynamo will look at the request.  Since you're going for storage though, I assume that would be for the longer term.

If I may ask in general to all members.  Why isn't any one interested in VPS 7? Is it because of the Game Server limitation?  Would be nice if one of our quality posters would try VPS 7 out for a thorough review.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(06-12-2021, 05:05 PM)deanhills Wrote: @fChk  Small correction.  There are four instances of VPS 1 left now - not 6 any longer.  One was filled during the last Giveaway in May and another filled during the current Giveaway.  The Giveaway is still open.

Bottom line, we're short of VPSs.  It would be difficult to give a second VPS away on a long term basis, when we have a shortage of VPSs.  However, if you would need a VPS for short term, under a month from Giveaway to Giveaway, and you're a quality poster  - then I'm sure Dynamo will look at the request.  Since you're going for storage though, I assume that would be for the longer term.

If I may ask in general to all members.  Why isn't any one interested in VPS 7? Is it because of the Game Server limitation?  Would be nice if one of our quality posters would try VPS 7 out for a thorough review.

I’d honestly give it a try, for development, but like you said I’m not sure if it would be sustainable for a month to month arrangement. I’m not doing any game servers, but the things I am doing right now are more than likely not going to test out the full potential of the server.
Thank you to CubeData and Posts4VPS for the services of VPS 8.
(06-12-2021, 05:05 PM)deanhills Wrote: Bottom line, we're short of VPSs.  It would be difficult to give a second VPS away on a long term basis, when we have a shortage of VPSs.  However, if you would need a VPS for short term, under a month from Giveaway to Giveaway, and you're a quality poster  - then I'm sure Dynamo will look at the request.  Since you're going for storage though, I assume that would be for the longer term.
Indeed! That part was understood from @Dynamo's post here; my previous post was a reply to someone referencing my first post and, in there, I was trying to stress the need to no longer increase posts number but focus on the post quality and encourage it by rewarding it, WHEN -and only when- the option of a second VPS is on the menu.

Although given that the overall turn-over of (observed) user activity (be it from the old ones or the potential new ones) is not all that great, It's highly unlikely that Post4VPS will have a VPS shortage any time soon, even with the current available stock. This is to say that I'm not all that sold on that argument, to be honest..
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(06-12-2021, 05:05 PM)deanhills Wrote: ..... However, if you would need a VPS for short term, under a month from Giveaway to Giveaway, and you're a quality poster - then I'm sure Dynamo will look at the request.  Since you're going for storage though, I assume that would be for the longer term.

Hmm... How about just allowing 2nd VPS for short term for all current VPS holders?

Then it will not reduce any chance of getting a VPS for new members.

And we also do not need to limit the 2nd VPS pool to "VPS 1 only". Smile

(06-13-2021, 09:20 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Hmm... How about just allowing 2nd VPS for short term for all current VPS holders?

Then it will not reduce any chance of getting a VPS for new members.

And we also do not need to limit the 2nd VPS pool to "VPS 1 only". Smile

That is more affordable and better.For this purpose I'd suggest that P$ as the price of these 2nd vpses.eg.Reserve at least 1 vps for new members,than put all remaining vpses into a pool where current holders can auction points for temporily usage of these vpses.The maxium term is 3 months or something and the starting price is 150 P$/month or 350 P$/2mo ,$550 P$/3mo (discourage long-term holding) and not renewable.

In my solution,P$ were given more value as I currently didn't see it has much value(except renewing vps in months with insuffient post) so instead of posting,I made it of something that can wider uses.@deanhills .Anyway just an idea.
VPS 3 Provided by Post4vps and Racknerd .
lockThread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
 [CLOSED] 70th Giveaway
07-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: deanhills
 [CLOSED] 68th Giveaway
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
 [CLOSED] 67th Giveaway
04-07-2021, 09:56 PM
 [CLOSED] 66th Giveaway
03-22-2021, 05:36 AM
 [CLOSED] 65th Giveaway
02-15-2021, 04:08 AM

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting