arrow_upward

Pages (20): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
(04-08-2020, 09:42 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I am afraid this is only partially true. Another reason of the U.S. having more positive cases is that they are able to conduct more testing per day for the corona virus.

Still I hope the situation of India will get better soon. There are a lot of poor people living there as far as I know.

us have more active traveller than china if im not wrong so the virus spread more quickly . also the president doesnt want to do lockdown and the virus spread easily
Terminal
humanpuff69@FPAX:~$ Thanks To Shadow Hosting And Post4VPS for VPS 5
Here in Egypt, we have passed stage 3 (1080 active cases and 1450 total cases)
And all the government cancelled the quarantine and people now go to their jobs and everybody can care about themselves
(04-08-2020, 04:10 PM)youssefbasha Wrote: Here in Egypt, we have passed stage 3 (1080 active cases and 1450 total cases)
And all the government cancelled the quarantine and people now go to their jobs and everybody can care about themselves

that's a very brave decision indeed. I really am of the opinion that we should take the death as an inevitable effect and keep doing whatever we are doing. I may die. anyone may die. but that is life. killing the economy and making everybody weak and gradually killing more of them in the end is not prudent. may be good for politics. certainly not for the population. none is probably going to get a vaccine before this year ends. so this continuing this lockdown even after scaling up and being prepared for the increased volume of patients is not just foolish. it is simply criminal.

@sohamb03

I am angry too. and sad at all this. but i really am against lockdown as a policy beyond buying enough time to scale the health system up . More so for a country like ours. where like 2 3rd need to work everyday to feed themselves. they will simply end up making themselves weaker and more vulnerable to this. it is not going to go away in one or two months.

also, it is not about education or nationalism or whatever. it is basic human nature that everyone will not want to follow suit no matter what your purpose. that's a good thing. it is what makes us so awesome.

i know what you might be thinking though. but this effect is only amplified by mass dynamics. due to our huge population. So such strict measures never going to be a solution. What they should rather do is to increase capacity of our health system rapidly and start manufacturing relevant essentials for the emergency treatment. then let the ball roll again. there is no way out of this.

instead they are doing it slowly, scattering money everywhere to appease / look good etc. as if 5 kg rice and 2000 rs is enough for a family.

this is only going to make the poor and vulnerable, which is our majority, even more so. They are only drawing it out and into worse conclusion just through futile face saving efforts. it takes a general during war, not a politician with fancy maneuvars. That guy on the chair has failed to succeed in almost all the big challenges. this is going to be another. Though I must say there is no win situation here, let alone win win. So he will again avoid taking any and all responsibility.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@rudra i agree with you, we were in quarantine and we got 80~100 range what will happen if we dont have quarantine??!!
i dont think that there is a reason to panic. this will pass faster then you think. just stay calm stay at home and it will be alright
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(04-08-2020, 05:23 PM)rudra Wrote: killing the economy and making everybody weak and gradually killing more of them in the end is not prudent.

You may be right @rudra.  I've been thinking about this a lot lately, particularly since the lockdown in South Africa has been extended by a further two weeks.  In principal I'm supportive of the stay at home lockdown as it obviously worked for other countries.  But South Africa is a high crime country - like brutal crime.  So now they've worked out that possibly 1-million jobs are going to be lost as a result of the lockdown (on top of the huge unemployment number there already was), and those people and families dependent on the wages of course will be destitute.  I wonder how this is going to create a spike in crime once the lockdown is lifted.  And how the number of murders as a result of the unemployment emanating from the lockdown are going to compare with the numbers who would have died of the Corona Virus if there had been no lockdown and just proper social distancing etc.

Looks like dying of the Corona Virus is a greater cause to go for drastic measures, compared with murders in huge numbers, burning schools down and basic violence, lawlessness and corruption.

Not that I'm underestimating the Corona Virus.  I'm following the lock down rules.  I'm just wondering about the permanent damage this is going to cause and how the end result is going to compare if there had been no lockdown.  Like the big picture comparison of a few years projection.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills

very good points. also think. majority of people will survive on minimum and unhealthy starch heavy food. that will only reduce their fitness and capacity of their body to fight and make them gradually more susceptible to the onslaught with time. I'm talking about this.

my guess is, for our huge populations, the slowdown of growth from lockdown can only buy some time to expand healthcare, beds equipment etc. but soon enough the point will come when the capacity will become inadequate in our country. just a matter of time. then people who could have been saved by very good care will die in massive numbers due to insufficient care. restriction will not stop that point. just delay that.

but I'm saying that, with this extended lockdown, even those who could go through an infection without much care and external help now and live, will become too weak to fight it by the time they gets infected. and that will only increase the final total.

now i have no hard data to show that this will be significant increase. but i think for a country like mine, it will be.

@OldMeister
i think there is a real shocker in store for you Tongue. it won't.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
@rudra On the other hand. The world has just had a massive environmental "rest". Like air is cleaner. People aren't polluting everywhere at the same rate they're used to. If we look at some pluses I'm sure we will find many. I guess the viability of a lockdown globally is a study that is going to keep researchers busy for many years to come. Wink
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills
Want to know what was going to happen without lockdown? Watch Egypt statistics
140+ daily infections and 11+ daily deaths
All we have is a quarantine everyday from 7PM to 6AM next day
Except that, you are allowed to be in the streets the whole day
Every country is badly infected by corona virus ,India also suffering the positive cases raises to 6k everyone scared of corona lock downs were increased be safe at home guys don't take this virus has joke
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

Pages (20): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting