arrow_upward

Pages (20): Jump to page 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus ? where did this come from ?
(03-10-2020, 02:50 AM)deanhills Wrote: I have the same problem with this.  Like in Canada they had their first case on 28 January.  They've had 77 cases since then, most of them have recovered and only one fatality.  You can check the stats in Wikipedia here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coron..._in_Canada

Now look at Europe and particularly Northern Italy whose first cases started on 30 January, 2 days after Canada.  As far as I know it is the same strain virus.  They must be dealing with it differently, and for the stats maybe we're getting it differently too.  It's very confusing though.  
https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.co...s-tourism/

This is what the article below says - but still - Canada is also very closely connected with airports.  Like Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary have huge traffic and there is a very close and large network with China with plenty of air travel:

Your point regarding the aviation industry in italy vs Canada is quite a good point. I never really thought of it in that way. This also got me wondering, since a lot of our everyday items are made in China, that makes it impossible for countries to completely hault flights to and from china. Specifically the cargo flights. This in itself is a huge issue as not only the shipped (flown?) items could have the virus, the pilots could be carrying it as well!

As for the coronavirus mutating into a second strand, what exactly are the differences between the first and second strand in terms of dangers, infectability (I don’t think that’s a word lol) and symptoms? Looking that up ended up confusing me even more!
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
(03-11-2020, 02:06 PM)ikk157 Wrote: As for the coronavirus mutating into a second strand, what exactly are the differences between the first and second strand in terms of dangers, infectability (I don’t think that’s a word lol) and symptoms? Looking that up ended up confusing me even more!
I only heard mention in a news report about this once, and not again. It definitely has me very puzzled.

Today I checked through the WHO reports. I then realized that possibly the winter has to have something to do with it? Like if you look at the "red patches" where the cases are concentrated, they seem to be heavy in the Northern Hemisphere. There may be other factors like traveling, but then China is very interested in Africa too with plenty of business interests. I wonder whether the southern Hemisphere cases are going to take off during their winter season? Just a thought that came to me today. A shift of those big red blobs to the southern parts of the world?

I'm completely puzzled about Italy though. In one of those reports with opinions they said Italy is the country with the second most aging population after Japan. Their medical services have been completely overwhelmed though with problems with bed places and they've been calling up retired doctors to help out. Wonder whether the difference between Canada and Italy could also be Public Health education? Italians didn't take the virus seriously and looked upon it as hype. I guess one just doesn't know and maybe before we know it could take off in Canada too.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
(03-11-2020, 08:36 PM)deanhills Wrote: I only heard mention in a news report about this once, and not again.  It definitely has me very puzzled.

Today I checked through the WHO reports.  I then realized that possibly the winter has to have something to do with it?  Like if you look at the "red patches" where the cases are concentrated, they seem to be heavy in the Northern Hemisphere.  There may be other factors like traveling, but then China is very interested in Africa too with plenty of business interests.  I wonder whether the southern Hemisphere cases are going to take off during their winter season?  Just a thought that came to me today.  A shift of those big red blobs to the southern parts of the world?

I'm completely puzzled about Italy though.  In one of those reports with opinions they said Italy is the country with the second most aging population after Japan.  Their medical services have been completely overwhelmed though with problems with bed places and they've been calling up retired doctors to help out. Wonder whether the difference between Canada and Italy could also be Public Health education?  Italians didn't take the virus seriously and looked upon it as hype.  I guess one just doesn't know and maybe before we know it could take off in Canada too.

Speaking of countries and the way the virus has spread, many people have made up a theory (which could potentially be correct in my opinion):

Many say that the coronavirus was actually man-made by the US. Like isn’t it ironic that it affects China and Iran the most? (Italy I think is the third most affected).

It would seem to make sense for the US to affect China’s economy using the virus without making it extremely obvious. Specially considering that China holds a huge market share.

Similarly with Iran, the conflict going on between the US and Iran could also be something that lead them to target Iran as well. And yet again, the fact that it’s done through a virus makes it less obvious, allowing the US to pretend like they’ve got nothing to do with it.

As for Italy, not sure why they’d target them though. 

But again, all of this is just a theory and is probably just a result of pure coincidence. I just find it quite ironic specially considering that the US isn’t all that badly affected by the virus.
Thank you Post4VPS and VirMach for providing me with VPS9! But now it’s time to say farewell due to my studies.
To be honest, I am also wondering why the situation in Italy is becoming so serious.

May be someone actually living in Italy can help me understand this.

Not sure about the Canada situation but I thought Canada should have implemented some measures to reduce the number of tourists from China since January. I could be wrong though.

(03-11-2020, 08:36 PM)deanhills Wrote: I only heard mention in a news report about this once, and not again.  It definitely has me very puzzled.

Today I checked through the WHO reports.  I then realized that possibly the winter has to have something to do with it?  Like if you look at the "red patches" where the cases are concentrated, they seem to be heavy in the Northern Hemisphere.  There may be other factors like traveling, but then China is very interested in Africa too with plenty of business interests.  I wonder whether the southern Hemisphere cases are going to take off during their winter season?  Just a thought that came to me today.  A shift of those big red blobs to the southern parts of the world?
It's more in relation to humidity than temperature. I've got an article for you that drives that point home: "Coronavirus and Seasonality: What We Know and Don’t Know"

(03-11-2020, 08:36 PM)deanhills Wrote: I'm completely puzzled about Italy though.  In one of those reports with opinions they said Italy is the country with the second most aging population after Japan.  Their medical services have been completely overwhelmed though with problems with bed places and they've been calling up retired doctors to help out. Wonder whether the difference between Canada and Italy could also be Public Health education?  Italians didn't take the virus seriously and looked upon it as hype.  I guess one just doesn't know and maybe before we know it could take off in Canada too.
Population density too should be a crucial factor playing in favour of Canada.
VirMach's Buffalo_VPS-9 Holder (Dec. 20 - July 21)
microLXC's Container Holder (july 20 - ?)
VirMach's Phoenix_VPS-9 Holder (Apr. 20 - June 20)
NanoKVM's NAT-VPS Holder (jan. 20 - ?)
(03-12-2020, 06:36 PM)fChk Wrote: It's more in relation to humidity than temperature. I've got an article for you that drives that point home: "Coronavirus and Seasonality: What We Know and Don’t Know"

Population density too should be a crucial factor playing in favour of Canada.
That is sometimes misinterpreted, because if one looks at Canada almost all of their populations are concentrated in the largest cities closest to the border with the US.  So in reality, they have congested cities - i.e. Vancouver and Toronto in particular.  Very difficult to find accommodation in Vancouver and Toronto, and they are overpopulated and swamped with recent immigrants living in overpopulated conditions.  Immigration being the Canadian Government's way of trying to get income of course.  The Canadian health system in particular has very little spare capacity.  I wouldn't want to get the Corona flu in Canada if I can help it.  Nor in Europe.

(03-12-2020, 07:53 AM)ikk157 Wrote: Speaking of countries and the way the virus has spread, many people have made up a theory (which could potentially be correct in my opinion):

Many say that the coronavirus was actually man-made by the US. Like isn’t it ironic that it affects China and Iran the most? (Italy I think is the third most affected).

It would seem to make sense for the US to affect China’s economy using the virus without making it extremely obvious. Specially considering that China holds a huge market share.

Similarly with Iran, the conflict going on between the US and Iran could also be something that lead them to target Iran as well. And yet again, the fact that it’s done through a virus makes it less obvious, allowing the US to pretend like they’ve got nothing to do with it.

As for Italy, not sure why they’d target them though. 

But again, all of this is just a theory and is probably just a result of pure coincidence. I just find it quite ironic specially considering that the US isn’t all that badly affected by the virus.

Right.  That's a huge conspiracy theory and worth considering given how nothing really wants to make sense.  But how would Italy then fit into this theory though as they're now the country worse affected than Iran and second after China.  That's the one that has me completely baffled.  Why did Europe get such a big impact - like in the tens of thousands, however Russia seems to be much less?  Russia is next to China - but only has 28 cases so far!  The US has more than 1000 cases.  Maybe this conspiracy theory would work better with Russia as the perpetrator?  Like if we go that route, wouldn't it fit Russia better given that poison attack in a UK Park a couple of years ago? Or is there just that little air travel between the two? So many questions?
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
deanhillsThat is sometimes misinterpreted, because if one looks at Canada almost all of their populations are concentrated in the largest cities closest to the border with the US.  So in reality, they have congested cities - i.e. Vancouver and Toronto in particular.  Very difficult to find accommodation in Vancouver and Toronto, and they are overpopulated and swamped with recent immigrants living in overpopulated conditions.  Immigration being the Canadian Government's way of trying to get income of course.  The Canadian health system in particular has very little spare capacity.  I wouldn't want to get the Corona flu in Canada if I can help it.  Nor in Europe.

Right.  That's a huge conspiracy theory and worth considering given how nothing really wants to make sense.  But how would Italy then fit into this theory though as they're now the country worse affected than Iran and second after China.  That's the one that has me completely baffled.  Why did Europe get such a big impact - like in the tens of thousands, however Russia seems to be much less?  Russia is next to China - but only has 28 cases so far!  The US has more than 1000 cases.  Maybe this conspiracy theory would work better with Russia as the perpetrator?  Like if we go that route, wouldn't it fit Russia better given that poison attack in a UK Park a couple of years ago?  Or is there just that little air travel between the two?  So many questions?

I’m actually not very surprised that Russia isn’t that badly affected by the virus.

If you look at it geographically, Russia is the largest country on earth, and hence has the greatest surface area. That along with the much lower population compared to let’s say, China. So people are more spread out and hence aren’t all crammed together. This makes it an advantage as that’ll decrease the ability for the virus to travel throughout the country.

As for China, Italy and Iran, they’re much smaller and everything is so “condensed”. Making it insanely easy for the virus to spread between them. Not to mention China’s insane population numbers!

Edit: It seems like for some odd reason the quoting thingy didn’t work out... no clue why that happened.
Corona virus is gradually spreading in Pakistan after china and Iran. and now Government take strong steps and decide to lock down 3 to 4 weeks in all public sectors like schools. events. religious gathering. exams.
May ALLAH save all of us and soon we got a better solution and vaccine for this virus.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
i just wanted to share something i think might help you people going forward.

go get aquadrivalent flu vaccine shot as soon as you can. it will not protect you against corona viruses family. vaccine for them will take time to get ready. but at least this will keep you safe from normal flu and even dangerous strains of flu like H1N1 that is coming back year after year with changed and evolved attack.

these flu group also attacks your lungs and when people die from these, they do due to respiratory distress, hypoxia ( low oxygen) and organ failure. just like corona. so you will avoid complications by this. 

this vaccine takes 7-10 days to fully become effective and works in power for almost a year. Costs almost 25 usd in India. it is worth it and a very good idea, guys.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
As i study no one still succeed to make a effective vaccine for COVID19. Some govt based learning programs exist to prevent from this sh**t.
Drink hot/warm water sips all day
don't use cold items like ice-cream,cold drink
avoid junk food
gargle twice a day with salty water.
wash hand and face.
wash nose
avoid crowd or gathering
these are the key protection lesson we attend by Doctors.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (20): Jump to page 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting