arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus affecting pricing of groceries and other things.
Hello there,
Hoping that everyone is doing good and fine in this pandemic! 
I'm opening this thread i have an upcoming assignment so i thought it would be much better hearing people opinion on this question. In Pakistan prices of important grocery items like, Oil , Rice , pulses , milk , sugar etc have gone up too really high. Like now in just 5000PKR you barely have things back in 2018 or start of 2019. If you go to shopping with 5000PKR you usually get stuff for around 1 month like milk etc etc. But, Now if you add 2-3 things you barely have something in your trolley.

1. Sugar price just risen up from 70RS to 110RS
2. Oil pricing increased from 700 to 1200 depending on the store
3. Hand sanitizers literally from 150rs to 1200RS which is insane.

We don't have much increase in petrol and gas, But still most of the people are staying in door.

I would like to know have the pricing increased in different parts of the world? 

Regards,
sAmI

Stay Safe Everyone!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

within first couple of days of the start of lockdown, there was an increase in prices of commodities in India. that was due to glut. many people trying to buy things for months. then it went normal.

but right now it is going up slowly but steadily again. it is due to shortage and transport problems i hear. this is going to get really bad, i hear.
Sincere Thanks to VirMach for my VPS9. Also many thanks to Shadow Hosting and cubedata for the experiences I had with their VPSs.
During the Corona Virus pandemic, prices of ingredients such chili, spices, rice, oil!
increased very high !

the reason is that consumer demand for ingredients has been very high since the corona virus outbreak, which has made fewer ingredients on the market!
and now the price of ingredients is still rising!
Terminal
Solo Developer
Pakistan Govt always need excuses to increase prize in major basic items like groceries as you mentions and many many daily uses items. they always try to hide behind those kind of crisis or pandemic and neglect there poor governance. anyways as per govt numbers the corona is now under control and count of patients per day is 70% reduce as compare to last month. but let you know the increases of prices will never decrease even corona is totally dead from whole world. it is a bitter truth.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
everything's price got increased also here. i live in israel. the groceries, school, and more. i dont think its fair for the citizens to have a price increased like that. that situation is tough already. i dont think the governments need to make it a lot more tougher.
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
I believe the pricing of groceries and many other food related stuff do have increased quite a lot recently in various parts of the world, due to the corona virus.

Personally I feel very upset about it. It does not hurt the rich people, but for poor people it is going to be a big problem.

Because poor people are also losing jobs the same time. It is now harder for them to maintain their livings. Sad

I totally agree that COVID has made life kinda "expensive". Here at my place, price of every item has gone up. Especially fruits and vegetables have become almost twice the price a few months ago.

In fact, for the first time in the history of the country, thanks to corona virus, diesel has surpassed petrol in price.

Also, as @tryp4vps highlighted, already a lot of people have lost their jobs, and on top of that this price hike, livelihood and survival is becoming really difficult in times when price of commodities rise to such an extent which you couldn't have imagined previously.
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pricing of everything especially masks and hand sanitizers increased when my country announced the first case in the capital city. She had symptoms but didn't notify the authorities. Consumer demand of everything was significantly increased due to panic and it has increased the price of everything. Things especially masks and hand sanitizers are out of stock immediately within a few hours. But now the pricing doesn't increase much anymore and has recovered to stable phase.
same here @Wolf20482 i think the reason that we are still struggling with this disease is because people dont care and do not report to authorities. they put everyone in danger and not just herself and that is why the virus is still around the world and people keep getting sick
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
The food items prices were high before corona virus aswell at least in Pakistan as we have gone through a economic crisis but I disagree on the price of sugar which you included if I am not wrong you are also from Pakistan and trust sugar prices are around 80-90 not 110 or maybe shops in your area just collecting extra cash from you guys.

Corona did not made a big difference atlease in Pakistan but some people facing crisis just because they have lost their jobs due to corona.
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting