arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia approves vaccine for coronavirus (Sputnik-V)
Hey,

So this news is a bit old but I couldn't see any topic related to this and I think this was huge news considering It was one of the first approved vaccines(maybe even the first?) in the world. So Putin basically approved of the vaccine saying that It had qualified all of the necessary checks and to prove that It was usable he even got his own daughter injected with the vaccine. That alone to me is a bold move, no one can dare claim that Putin is bluffing.

WHO has been in talks with the russian government over taking a review of this new vaccine.

What do you guys think about this? Can we really trust Russia with their vaccines? Can we trust Russia's tests and data? What sort of undiscovered side effects may be present in the vaccine? (Considering It has only been tested in a small amount of people).

Really interested to read about your views on this Smile

Sources, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53735718
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/s...59021.html

Oh and if you're looking for more information regarding the vaccine itself, take a look at their own website. https://sputnikvaccine.com/
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
I have heard about it for a while now. Says it's even given to Putin's daughter. There's plenty of controversy about it and it's typical for West to see everything that comes from the east with suspicion. But I'm happy to even hear someone has made progress. It will take a while before we find out how effective this vaccine is and if there are any side effects. I think there are 5 or 6 other vaccines are progressing under watchful eyes of WHO. I really do hope this is not another political BS. We do need a vaccine but we do need something which works. Russia should work with the WHO to make sure it's up to the standards.

~ Be yourself everybody else is taken ~

(08-24-2020, 07:49 AM)Honey Wrote: What do you guys think about this? Can we really trust Russia with their vaccines? Can we trust Russia's tests and data? What sort of undiscovered side effects may be present in the vaccine? (Considering It has only been tested in a small amount of people).
If there is one BIG flaw in Government leaders that came out of the Corona Virus it has been we can't trust anything they say, because their egos seem to be every where where we look.  Trump right at the beginning of the outbreak of the virus in the US was touting a drug and even said he was taking it - it hadn't been tested for the Corona Virus yet and doctors said that it could even turn out to be harmful.  Now what Putin is doing for me is not that much different.  It's all ego seeking stuff.  I wouldn't use the vaccine until it has been properly tested by an objective source, but here is the problem for me, who in this Corona Virus is really objective?  Like even the Word Health Organization turned out to be suspect in the handling of the Corona in China, just after it broke out, to the extent that Trump decided to remove sponsorship from the WHO.  Now that is a proven fact that China was withholding important information from other Governments about the Corona Virus in the beginning.  And then afterwards tried to "brag" about how good it was to manage the outbreak in China.  There is a lot of things I don't like about Trump, but I do like it that he renamed the virus to the China Virus.

So no, I don't trust Russia, I don't trust the US that much, I also don't trust the WHO.  However, if something should come from the Oxford Vaccine and the UK says it's ready to be used, maybe I will trust it a little more.  Ditto Germany, Switzerland and perhaps France.  But most certainly not Russia or any of those despotic countries of the East - and the chaotic country in the West that we're supposed to look up to, but has really disappointed us in the management (mismanagement) of the Corona Virus in the US.  I trust nothing that comes from the US.  Unless the vaccine has been tested in the UK or Europe as well and given their seal of approval.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
Yep thats good thing that Russia found covid 19 vaccine but it will take more time to come in India since Russia president Putin examine vaccine to his family also hope Russia will be safe now by corona hope whole world get rid of corona asap
thank you post4vps and  racknerd for wonderful vps3  Heart

there are a lot of types of vaccines being developed around the world, even my country (israel) are developing a vaccine which will be ready at 2021. every vaccine are focusing on something else and has its own effects and side effects. i really dont believe russia and dont believe any country or government, why? because all they do for now is just talking and saying they have a vaccine but i still see people dying around the world and getting more and more sick. when i will see results then i will believe them but for now i think they just selling fake news
Thank you Post4vps and BladeNode for vps 6!!!
(08-26-2020, 07:29 AM)OldMeister Wrote: there are a lot of types of vaccines being developed around the world, even my country (israel) are developing a vaccine which will be ready at 2021. every vaccine are focusing on something else and has its own effects and side effects. i really dont believe russia and dont believe any country or government, why? because all they do for now is just talking and saying they have a vaccine but i still see people dying around the world and getting more and more sick. when i will see results then i will believe them but for now i think they just selling fake news

I think the russian vaccine isn't a 100% cure for the virus. From what I read the vaccine provides strong level of immunity but there might still be infection from coronavirus even after getting vaxed. Secondly, I dont think its possible to vaccinate 7.1 billion people in a matter of days or months, Russia has announced a vaccine but they will not provide it free for the rest of the world xD (neither will any other country who comes up with a vaccine).

Tbh the reality really seems gloomy as corona has been reduced but still its there and a second or in some countries a third wave is very much possible, only a miracle can remove this virus. We'd have to see how we fought with previous pandemics to see what we can do to eradicate this one.
Thanks to ShadowHosting and Post4VPS for my VPS 5!
(08-24-2020, 07:49 AM)Honey Wrote: Hey,

So this news is a bit old but I couldn't see any topic related to this and I think this was huge news considering It was one of the first approved vaccines(maybe even the first?) in the world. So Putin basically approved of the vaccine saying that It had qualified all of the necessary checks and to prove that It was usable he even got his own daughter injected with the vaccine. That alone to me is a bold move, no one can dare claim that Putin is bluffing.

WHO has been in talks with the russian government over taking a review of this new vaccine.

What do you guys think about this? Can we really trust Russia with their vaccines? Can we trust Russia's tests and data? What sort of undiscovered side effects may be present in the vaccine? (Considering It has only been tested in a small amount of people).

Really interested to read about your views on this Smile

Sources, https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53735718
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/08/s...59021.html

Oh and if you're looking for more information regarding the vaccine itself, take a look at their own website. https://sputnikvaccine.com/
Well yeah you're correct if this works it'd be the first successful COVID vaccine the world will see. But, there are a few things to keep in mind here.

We all know that this vaccine was administered to a small group of people and is extremely localised. This means that it may not produce the same effect on people worldwide.

Another thing, just because he says the vaccine has passed all necessary checks and it has been administered to his daughter proves nothing about it, neither that he isn't bluffing (considering we know each of these politicians quite well). Smile

I'd agree with WHO, that this vaccine gotta be tested by an international medical agency and ratified prior to thinking of supply and circulation. That should be prioritised rather than thinking of its mass supply and pricing.

We're talking of administering this vaccine to billions here and that's no joke. Moreover only short hand tests have been conducted on the vaccine implying that they themselves can't say if it won't have any long-term consequences/side-effects.

In short, I wouldn't take the vaccine right now even if offered to. Smile

Regards,
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Even we do not trust vaccines coming from Russia, I think it is not a bad thing for Russia to quickly develop the Corona virus vaccine.

Because it will push other countries to develop their own vaccines.

It is going to be a healthy competition and will still help the world, as a whole. Smile

(08-27-2020, 09:13 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: Even we do not trust vaccines coming from Russia, I think it is not a bad thing for Russia to quickly develop the Corona virus vaccine.  

Because it will push other countries to develop their own vaccines.  

It is going to be a healthy competition and will still help the world, as a whole.  Smile

Not sure what you mean @tryp4vps with "push other countries to develop their own vaccines".  Some such as in the UK started development even before Russia got to work on their vaccine.  Bottom line here and difference is that Russia is not following standard protocol in the development of a vaccine.  There are certain stages of trial that have been skipped in Russia.  So the vaccine in effect can be dangerous to use.  I wouldn't touch the vaccine with a bar pole.  For me it would be the equivalent of poison, either short term or long term.  We've just learned that this virus is unpredictable and scientists don't have a complete idea of how it operates.  For example, those who have had the virus - anti-bodies start to go away after a few months, which means that they could get reinfected again.  I wonder whether a really effective vaccine would ever be possible, given the info we've received about the unpredictability of the virus.  Since the vaccine contains strains of the virus there is also a good chance one would get the virus from the vaccine.  I can't remember where I saw this report, but the scientist who mentioned this said that if one got it from the vaccine, that the effect would be much less than if one had got the virus through normal transmission.  Like measles vaccines where some children seem to have a bad reaction to it.

One thing is for certain.  There is a HUGE difference between vaccines for influenza and vaccines for the Corona virus.  And so caution is called for when the vaccine is developed, none of the protocol steps should be skipped - such as Russia has done.  For me maybe Russia is about at the same level of development of their vaccine as the vaccines that are developed in other parts of the world, except Russia released their vaccine prematurely skipping important tests.  Others are still testing their vaccines.  As it should be.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
@deanhills He basically meant that it would promote competition among nations to promote research and produce their own vaccine. Practically, it'll take months and maybe close to a year to get the discovered vaccine into circulation and get it to every common citizen.

On the other hand, if nations start making their own vaccines it'll be really beneficial economically as it'll balance the otherwise workload in circulation of the vaccine.

And probably, in this competition among nations, a medicine (not vaccine) may also come up which will help humanity get rid of this virus - if not completely still helping the people already infected.

But again you're right, Russia hurried the production of this vaccine while skipping through test phases and it's really alarming. Neither am I gonna use it even if offered for free. Smile
Sayan Bhattacharyya,

Heartiest thanks to Post4VPS and Virmach for my wonderful VPS 9!
Pages (2):

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting