arrow_upward

Pages (2):
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronavirus affecting pricing of groceries and other things.
(07-28-2020, 08:11 PM)Decent12 Wrote: The food items prices were high before corona virus aswell at least in Pakistan as we have gone through a economic crisis but I disagree on the price of sugar which you included if I am not wrong you are also from Pakistan and trust sugar prices are around 80-90 not 110 or maybe shops in your area just collecting extra cash from you guys.

Corona did not made a big difference atlease in Pakistan but some people facing crisis just because they have lost their jobs due to corona.

I have been to many stores the local stores and the super markets like Imtiaz and others too, I can confirm that there is indeed a increase in prices after coronavirus though, I know it was high before the pandemic but still increased in others things as well, Yes i'm from pakistan too! 
About jobs yes i can confirm that my friend father is a school principal and now he is facing a decision of firing people from the staff and he is so under-pressure he can't do anything like he cannot fire someone of the job but he is being forced and he is such under pressure. There are other cases too, Not even normal part-time jobs are available. 
I kinda disagree, it did make a difference in the pakistan but depend of on what a person is doing, If you are running business as i am i'm facing pretty much loss right now, Which is causing me much trouble!
Thanks to ReadyDedis and Post4VPS for the amazing VPS 7!

(07-28-2020, 09:06 PM)sAmI Wrote: I have been to many stores the local stores and the super markets like Imtiaz and others too, I can confirm that there is indeed a increase in prices after coronavirus though, I know it was high before the pandemic but still increased in others things as well, Yes i'm from pakistan too! 
About jobs yes i can confirm that my friend father is a school principal and now he is facing a decision of firing people from the staff and he is so under-pressure he can't do anything like he cannot fire someone of the job but he is being forced and he is such under pressure. There are other cases too, Not even normal part-time jobs are available. 
I kinda disagree, it did make a difference in the pakistan but depend of on what a person is doing, If you are running business as i am i'm facing pretty much loss right now, Which is causing me much trouble!
I guess then the prices of sugar are not same in all provinces/cities but yeah prices of other things went a bit high but as everything was expensive before coronavirus so it did not made a big diiference.
The jobs part is really painful as I have saw many people myself suffering due to losing their job just because of lockdown and everything is closed but I guess everything getting normal at least in Pakistan. the cases are going down everyday and same with deaths.
I think price is increasing in Asian countries like India, Nepal and so. It is due to the countries having poverty, weak political system etc. But here in Europe, the prices have been quite stable.
(07-29-2020, 10:28 PM)TimeRider Wrote: I think price is increasing in Asian countries like India, Nepal and so. It is due to the countries having poverty, weak political system etc. But here in Europe, the prices have been quite stable.

Glad to start hearing something "not so bad" in Europe.

But I guess it may not directly related to the poverty or weak political system etc.

I think the price stability of Europe comes from its stronger EURO exchange rate recently. So the prices from imported goods are lowered. Smile

(07-30-2020, 10:13 AM)tryp4vps Wrote: I think the price stability of Europe comes from its stronger EURO exchange rate recently. So the prices from imported goods are lowered. Smile
I noticed that comment as well. Sort of a bit sweeping to say there is price stability in Europe. Europe is quite large, and I'd say that in your bigger countries who are more able to control things it may be the case, but you get your poorer countries as well like Spain, Portugal and Greece. I'd be curious to see how they are going to survive the Draconian measures of the EU with Covid and one season without any income.

In general I may agree, as for someone to lose his/her job in Europe is a little more controlled than for example in North America - specifically the US and Canada, where the majority of contracts for wage earners are very iffy. They come with no benefits and job security and benefits are a joke there - like maybe 15 working days leave a year - but for some who take it they'd be worried they may have no job to return to. Whereas in Europe benefits are almost enshrined. The French will burn down the streets of Paris if anything happens to their job benefits.

Will be interesting to see how Europe is going to deal with prices as well as their economies when hopefully normality kicks in some time in the dizzy future. I just get this feeling there's going to be riots going on.
Terminal
Thank you to Post4VPS and VirMach for my awesome VPS 9!  
I feel sad to tell you that tomorrow is EID-UL-AZHA a eid of sacrifice, when muslims from all over the world sacrifice of animals but due to corona virus we are still unable to buy any goat. the prices are approx double then before. and shortage of animals. all happiness are off and dullness all over.
i wish soon this pandemic leave the world forever.
Heart LOVE FOR ALL  HATRED FOR NONE Heart
Pages (2):

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
01-22-2021, 06:17 AM
Last Post: fChk

person_pin_circle Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sponsors: VirMach - Host4Fun - CubeData - Evolution-Host - HostDare - Hyper Expert - Shadow Hosting - Bladenode - Hostlease - RackNerd - ReadyDedis - Limitless Hosting